Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dolph:
    About a year and a half ago I was generating, too, though not to the extent that you experienced with your overload. I never had any of those physical manifestations, either, but I did have some pretty wild other stuff

I found that the more I let it out, the more it came back in spades.
    I tried to block it, and that was my undoing. The result was pretty painful, though the energy levels depleted.
    I find energy-work very easy to do, and have found the discipline of TaiChi very useful.
    I've been recommending it to everyone - LOL.

By way of theory, I believe it works on the "carrier-wave" of "love".
    Best felt than telled...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Reminds me of the old witch in Ingmar Bergman's movie Ansiktet ["The Face"], who repeatedly says: "You see what you see and you know what you know."

Fwiw, I will again refer to Lacan's "Borromean knot" I was discussing with LT a few days ago. I.e.

1) The real: whatever happens to us, prior to any narration we may make of it or to any understanding we may get of it. No matter how normal, weird or pathological it may sound.

2) The symbolical: the language possibilities we have received prior to any experience and how we later use them to tell (and at the same time conceal, or distort) the experience.

3) The imaginary: our apparently stable, yet ever-changing understanding of reality, or world vision/representation, as it was before and will be (altered) after any experience and our telling it. Be it "religious", "philosophical" or "scientific" (and generally a blend of all).

Those three registers are distinct, yet related. Each one depends on the two others and influences them in turn. If we really have no words to describe an experience or no place in our imaginary universe for it to fit in, we just won't allow ourselves to have the experience. If we don't give room for the experience in our speech or in our world-vision, it will vanish like an untold or repressed dream.

The key word, I guess, is fluidity on every level. Attention to what happens, however silly it may seem. Creativity in speech, instead of keeping on saying what we said before or what we are expected to say. Awareness that there is nothing more mysterious than reality, and that our understanding of it is partial, provisional and moving.

• dolphman
    dolphman

Little Toe

Tai Chi is cool. As a kid I used to make fun of it for being so slow but now that I understand chi is an actual REAL thing then it simply blows me away to think as humans we have the ability to interact with the forces that make up the universe in any capacity. Mind blowing stuff, and like you said, all based on love.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Narkissos:Beautifully put.

And yet, in attempting to describe something that stretches the edges of our consciousness, we so often end up nodding in agreement with those who have experienced something similar.

Sometimes the descriptions come across as contradictory, obscure, and our occasionally frustrations are expressed at our inability to express. Finally, along comes the hardened-skeptic, who neatly places such things in the pidgeon-hole of quackery...

...and the mystical continues to be just that, mystical, and consigned to silence.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

GF:
    By way of experiment, dwell on your experience with "love". Conjour up the "feeling", and imagine passing someone energy on a wave of that love. The more you play, with it, the more attuned you become to the nuances of how it feels.

It's NOT the emotion we call love (or is it?) but it carries similar sensations.

I'd love to see a study, for example, on how plants respond to this. Whether-or-not there's any kind of electromagnetic reaction, or such-like.

• rem
    rem

LT,

Skeptics have the exact same experiences and the exact same feelings that go along with them. You are not *special* just because you believe the experiences are supernatural - just naive. ;)

I like the "open-minded" language that believers use: They *know* these forces exist. I guess their minds are not open to more prosaic explanations. Somehow someone who expects evidence for extraordinary claims is closed-minded. I just have to laugh. :D

rem

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

uhoh, I just had a seizure as I typed REM.........double post! LOL!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LT, and just on cue, REM appears! LMAO!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    ...they are gifts, and you get what you're given.

...we have a propensity to "disbelieve" certain things, and hence we never get to develop that aspect.

These are not mutually exclusive -- just to belabor the obvious :)

"disbelief" appears to kill such things stone dead.
    If the mind is open even a crack, suspending "disbelief" even for a moment, amazing things are possible.

"I believe, help thou me in my unbelief..."

...Or as one of my invisible friends once put it, "Let us pretend our love is imaginary!" But then he has a sardonic turn of mind... a stout, warm heart and a tongue you could shave a porcupine with.

it appears to work on the borders of conscious and subconscious thought.

This is true to my own experience, and I thank you for mentioning it again. I have been having prophetic, or at least relevant, dreams, even while only half-asleep, since I began concentrating on spiritual work. Nothing earthshaking, just glimpses of upcoming events in my daily life, usually in symbolic terms.

gently feral

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rem:
    Laugh away. I never realised "naivity" was such a sin

I guess folks should stop exploring such things, given that there's no "rational" explanation for them, huh?
    Such exploration has been going on for millenia, and I suspect it will continue to.

Skeptics have the exact same experiences and the exact same feelings that go along with them.

That's encouraging to hear. Why, I wonder, do you think they waste them?

Sunny:
    Funny thing is, I was just wondering where he'd got to, very recently. You'll find a comment to this effect on a recent post of mine

It seems that the "mystical" is too "unreliable" for the skeptics, to quantify, so they continue to mock.
    I wonder what will eventually displace them, and show them disdain for being such an impedance to human evolution? Strangely enough they have replaced the religious elitists, of yesteryear, who used to do the same thing about ideas that seemed silly to them, and whom the skeptics disdain.

GF:I'm glad some of it rings true with you. I find such affirmation encouraging.
    The mind is a powerful thing.

...Or as one of my invisible friends once put it, "Let us pretend our love is imaginary!" But then he has a sardonic turn of mind... a stout, warm heart and a tongue you could shave a porcupine with.

Do you have a name? Feel free to PM, if it's too personal.

El Blanko:See what I mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit