Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH
    30 more years to go = 2034. That's going to be the new date for the big "A".

No, that's too far away. Witnesses have to feel that the end is CLOSE.

• the mole
    the mole

hey..neon is totally right..my sister told me they annouced last month at her assembly at the cow palace in San Francisco...its a new handout....i remember the paradise handout three years ago..

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I remember some time back they correlated the date for Halloween/All Soul's day with the flood.

I wonder if their choice of October for major campaigns has anything to do with that, or if it's just a good way to get the rank and file to "jump start" their new service year creating a sense of urgency.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I wonder if their choice of October for major campaigns has anything to do with that, or if it's just a good way to get the rank and file to "jump start" their new service year creating a sense of urgency

Yes, it may spur some on to make that commitment to pioneer for the year. I sure there will be some very strong "suggestions" to do so. Wanna bet there will be more articles on pioneering at around that time with leadings from the platform. "Brothers and sisters what better time is there than the present to be participating full time in this lifesaving campaign? Jehovah will speed this work up in its due season and the season for this harvest is close at hand! Any who can make room for this work and unselfishly adjust their schedules to do so will be greatly blessed by Jehovah. So let us throw off every and all the anxieties that entangle us and have the fulless share that we can in the only career that brings glory to our God and life to any others out there who take hold of it." blah blah blah....(I scare myself sometimes knowing I have all that witness speak still floating around in my head)

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

JH...

Big "A" is going to hit in 2016, 'cause........

If you take that 90 years and divide by 7 (the number denoting perfection) you will come up with the number 12, which of course was the age when Jesus began preaching so ironically all preaching will be over in 12 years from October which will be 2016....thus sayeth Jehovah and da Boys in Brooklyn.

-BONEZZ (of the Wild Turkey Prophesying Class)

• Makena1
    Makena1

Like Blondie wrote - probably another tract campaign. Remember those other ones where we were supposed to get the thing into the hands of every household with very little conversation.

Bakc then, one sister " in the know" said that her Bethel sources told her the tract was going to have a "read this and act or you will die" type message. Wrong!

October is supposed to be the month that has a monopoly on "big dates" in history and prophecy right?

Oooooo - quakin' in me boots.

Makena

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HEY ELSEWHERE. I THOUGHT I WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE TO MENTION THE SEPT/OCT TIMING FOR EVENTS.

I RECALL MY MOM TELLING ME THIS IN THE 1940's.

LOOK OUT FOR THE LAST OF SEPT. AND BEGINNING OF OCT. THAT IS THE TIME WHEN BIG CHANGES AND UPRISINGS OCCUR.

NOW I FEEL BETTER THAT YOU HAD A CRAZY MOTHER ALSO.

WELL NOT THAT SHE WAS CRAZY, YOU KNOW WHAT, WELL I DONO.

HELL YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Outoftheorg

• WildChild
    WildChild

I was reading all the posts and appreciate the humor and much needed laugh in this area. But, the sadness the jws has caused so many people is inexcusable!

so here they go to do some more endtime stuff,well,I needed some self expression, so I made myself a couple of T shirts,first one(both ivory with dark green print) JW prophecy armageddon and has a few of their dates from 1874,1914,1925,1975. the back says the SHUNNED EXJWS. LOL if that weren;'t enough no it isnt! I made another with the front saying a quote from Deuteronomy 18:22 about if a prophet prophysies in my NAME and it does not come to pass or true,this is something that I have not said,DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEM , and the back says

I LIVED THROUGH ARMEGEDON IN 1975! I hope some minds will attempt thought when they see these around here!

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Welcome wildchild.

• logical
    logical

I dont see Wildchild selling anything, he is just saying he made a couple of T-Shirts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit