Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

The WTS lives in lala land if they think that the general public gives a rat's ass about a tract from the WTS.

Good point Blondie. My dub wife and father-in-law have already been putting pressure on me to return. He made a special trip out to our house when I was home alone to tell me everyone missed me.

• Soledad
    Soledad

isn't it a salesperson's guideline to create a sense of urgency?

so no surprises here.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I find it interesting that they are doing the special campaign in October, just a couple of weeks before the big election. As we all know, there is speculation that the terrorists will try something to coincide with the election. I wonder if the Governing Boobs are hoping that something like that will happen, even planning on it, which will also coincide with their campaign, making people think that all of the doom and gloom they are teaching is in fact coming true, hoping to get people flocking to the org. and be able to say I told you so. I wouldn't put something like this past them.

• Mark
    Mark

I heard the JWs will be distributing their 2004 brochure 'Keep on the watch', but only to those who "show interest".

Mark

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Jneck:

These putsches are always a strain.

HA HA HA HA HA - clever and funny and I suppose true

• Flash
    Flash

I know there is a great deal of disgust toward the WTS (I have it too), even so, Jesus taught the 'END' would someday come, how do we all feel about that. Shouldn't we take that serious?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus also said this:

Matthew 6: 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

JGnat says this:

Who, by worrying by Armageddon, added any joy or creativity to their life? We are God's creation, and He loves making stuff. So go build and love and create to the end of your days.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Boy that does it I'm going to make it a really big Christmas celebration this year, might be my last before the big A.

Kate

• fifi
    fifi

Last time 'the time of the end' thing came up, I said "you know what? even if I still thought you were right, the thought of all your love bombing when I come back to the JWs would be enough to put me off. Yesterday you wouldn't have pi**ed on me if I'd been on fire!! And even if I get through the big A, imagine having to spend eternity with a bunch of people like you. NO THANKS.

• avengers
    avengers

As far back as I can remember, there's always been a push in October and April; you know pioniering and all
    Is this drive gonna be any different?

Anyway if it is I hope my shunning part of the family comes over to have some coffee.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit