Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Well, of course! It was only 6,000 year ago that Adam, in his 29th year of existence, prepared to meet the Eve Jehovah would create for him when he turned thirty. ..and hey! didja know that Jesus was 30 when he was baptized.

What an astonishing chronological concatenation we can construct! ...and just when some mockers were beginning to claim that 1975 was an insignificant date that Fred Franz pulled out of his ass! Mock away, naysayers! Fred pulled that date out of JEHOVAH'S ass, we'll have you know!

Woo Hoo! "Stay Alive 'til twenty aught five!"

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Seems like good timing to me.

BB

• Netty
    Netty

I remember my mom saying years and years ago, that there would come a time in the time of the end, that the door to door message would be a its too late message. IT was supposed to be compared to the time of Noah, when the doors on the ark were closed. Wonde if its something like that. Such garbage, I always thought if they really followed through with that, that would tick alot of people off. I mean you go to the door, and tell them God is going to kill them??

• willyloman
    willyloman
    ...and just when some mockers were beginning to claim that 1975 was an insignificant date that Fred Franz pulled out of his ass! Mock away, naysayers! Fred pulled that date out of JEHOVAH'S ass, we'll have you know!

Far and away the best explanation so far.

• JH
    JH

October 1914 to October 2004 is 90 years.

It must be that... They like rounded off even numbers

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blood guilt, or bust! I'm polishing up my briefcase, shining up my sneakers, and 'GETTIN' READY FOR THE BIG PUSH!'

GETTIN' READY FOR THE BIG PUSH, POUNDING PAVEMENT WITH THE TRACTS

REDACT THE HISTORY OF PROPHECY, MAN I WANT TO BE IN ON THE BIG PUSH

WOOSIES GONNA GO DOWN, AS ARMAGEDDON'S WRATH HITS THE GROUND

CAN'T WAIT TO BANG ALL THE NEIGHBORS DOORS, & CONDEMN THEIR MORES.

GETTIN' READY FOR THE BIG PUSH, POUNDING PAVEMENT WITH THE TRACTS

Hey Literature Servant - I'll take a 100,000 of those tracts.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

'GETTIN' READY FOR THE BIG PUSH'

Oh Baby!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My daughter tells me that she heard from her mother (my ex, who is still a loyal JW) that there is to be a new Kingdom News tract distributed in October. Another opportunity to get the rank and file all excited with a hot, vital, URGENT topic like, "Would You Welcome Some Good News?" (KN #20, 1975), "Why Are We Here?" (KN #25, 1978) or "Is a Happy Life Really Possible?" (KN #29, 1981) Or maybe even a heart-stopper like "Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?" (KN #17, 1973).

Yep, gonna be a BIG event, this one...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at Lawrence. Reminds me of those negro slave songs.

• blondie
    blondie

The last time they had a big tract event in 2000, I got my required amount and filed them in the trash.

The WTS lives in lala land if they think that the general public gives a rat's ass about a tract from the WTS.

km

9/00 p. 2 Service Meeting Schedule ***

Local announcements. Inform congregation about special distribution planned for Kingdom News No. 36, which will start on Monday, October 16, and continue through Friday, November 17.

km 10/97 p. 7 Announcements ***

Starting October 12, Kingdom News No. 35 will be distributed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit