Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

No Kingdom news, but it is just a campaign of distributing the new brochure, "Keep on the Watch", and since that brochure does not make the connection 607-1914, but in stead focuses on the constant need of keeping watch, there is no doom and gloom, but more of an ordinary campaign. Nothing to make huge fuzz about.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure they won't be handing the brochure to every person or pushing it under their door...too valuable.

What info has the WTS disseminated in years gone by:

Kingdom News No. 36, The New Millennium?What Does the Future Hold for You?

Kingdom News No. 35, Will All People Ever Love One Another?

Kingdom News No. 34, Why Is Life So Full of Problems??Is a Trouble-Free Paradise Possible?

Kingdom News No. 33, Life?How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

Kingdom News No. 32, A United, Happy Family?What Is the key?

Kingdom News No. 31, Are We Nearing Armageddon

Kingdom News No. 30, Is Planet Earth Near the Brink?

Kingdom News No. 29, Is a Happy Life Really Possible?

Kingdom News No. 28, "Hope For Ending Inflation, Sickness, Crime, War?"

Kingdom News No. 27, What Has Happened to Love?"

Kingdom News No. 26, "Relief from Pressures, Is It Possible?

Kingdom News No. 25, "Why Are We Here?"

• logical
    logical
    in October there is going to be a big push for preaching DOOM in service..

Whatever happened to the "Good News of the Kingdom" they claim they are preaching?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For JW's October holds special significant because Russell taught that Jebus returned in October of 1914.

I remember growing up and always hearing from my "Anointed" mother that something significant "always" seems to happen in October, so every year she would start getting all excited about the time October was to roll around. October would always come and go with a quiet fizzle.

Hell, even Sept 11th 2001 missed the mark. Every good JW knows that it SHOULD have happened in October.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    in October there is going to be a big push for preaching DOOM in service..
    Whatever happened to the "Good News of the Kingdom" they claim they are preaching?

That IS their "good news". Jehovah wipes out all the non-JW's as well as the JW's who don't 'do enough,' and the JW's who are left get to move into all the empty mansions.

• dh
    dh

but they are so stupid. i don't think they even know how to say positive things in the context of reality.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Last time 'the time of the end' thing came up, I said "you know what? even if I still thought you were right, the thought of all your love bombing when I come back to the JWs would be enough to put me off. Yesterday you wouldn't have pi**ed on me if I'd been on fire!! And even if I get through the big A, imagine having to spend eternity with a bunch of people like you. NO THANKS.

- eeeeeeeeeexcellent !

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

ohiocowboy,

You just brought something back to my mind.

I find it interesting that they are doing the special campaign in October, just a couple of weeks before the big election.

If I remember correctly, weren't quite a few of these tract pushes done at election time? I wonder what the reason was for that!

HappyDad

• hubert
    hubert

I think they are hinting around for a new date for the big "A".

And, I think it has something to do with noah and the flood.... 120 years in the making.

1914 to 2004 = 90 years.

30 more years to go = 2034. That's going to be the new date for the big "A".

They HAVE to give a date. How else will they be able to keep the j.w.'s in line?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm definately getting dressed up as a JW for Halloween this year! I need a copy of that tract to trick or treat with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit