Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

You are right logical, I jumped the gun.

Thanks for the insight....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wildchild, I loooove the sayings on your t-shirts. Punchy and to the point, real conversation starters with ordinary people, conversation-stoppers with JW's.

• Terry
    Terry

Oh, it is probably going to be dressed up in some NEW LIGHT.

• jgnat
  • Satanus
    Satanus

If jahoover is going to close the door to the greater, antitypical ark, why doesn't the wt just freakin shut up, and let him close it, already!!!!!! This horseshite ... Oh, never mind. I hope one of jahoovers little automated rodents scurries near me during this little bovine moo fest

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

JH Said October 1914 to October 2004 is 90 years.
    It must be that... They like rounded off even numbers

Elsewhere said For JW's October holds special significant because Russell taught that Jebus returned in October of 1914. I remember growing up and always hearing from my "Anointed" mother that something significant "always" seems to happen in October, so every year she would start getting all excited about the time October was to roll around. October would always come and go with a quiet fizzle. Hell, even Sept 11th 2001 missed the mark. Every good JW knows that it SHOULD have happened in October.

JH and Elsewhere are correct - October always holds significance for JWs - and as has already been stated on this thread it is right at the beginning of the service year so it gives the printing presses a big boost and also helps with the pioneering push.

Also if you think of them as aabook publishing company and a sales organization which they are as Garybuss is always reminding us, then it also makes sense - because they always have a campaign in April (memorial season) and the 4th month of the calendar year - so it makes sense to have one exactly six months later in the 10th month of the calendar year - i.e. October -so two campaigns in any one year.

• Brownboy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit