Preaching Doom and Gloom in October?

by Sassy 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sassy
    Sassy

My ex husband (who is dfd but not a professsed apostate) told me yesterday that in October there is going to be a big push for preaching DOOM in service.. like the last chance to get people in before the END..

Has anyone else heard this?

I assume either his brother who is a dub or his mother have passed this on to him, in order to scare him to come back quick before everyone dies..

of course I reminded him this was just another one of those tactics to gather back in the fold for more mind control.. gotta get that surge in how close the end is every so many years...

• logansrun
    logansrun

What news!

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I talked to my JW mom over the weekend. She works part-time and was telling me that she had to "clear her schedule" for a big JW "campaign" in October. Of course, I didn't ask her to elaborate.

• jaredg
    jaredg

oh i want to hear more about this!

• metatron
    metatron

They never catch on , do they?

The weary flock soldiers on, year after year, never grasping that they can never catch the carrot that's being dangled in front

of them. Of course, the Watchtower will never set another date, will they?

metatron

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

"Big Push" - haven't they had a big push campaign for the last 80 years? Sort of like "that's the last color of that model we have on the lot..." The Jehovah's Witness Car Salesman

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think the Kingdom News are a bit worn out...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

the jehovah's witness closing down sale.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, my. I better line up some highly distracting activities in October for my JW hubby.

These putsches are always a strain.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Every few years they do this same gag... they print up a brochure size tract that has about six to eight pages and play it up as a Big Deal and Major Event...

Quick!!! This is important!!! EVERYONE in the territory is supposed to get a copy over the next one or two months!!! This is a very urgent message!!!

This is just the WTS way of poking all of the JWs in the side to get them moving again after they all start to slow down. The message in the tract is ALWAYS the same crap: The end is near, join the JWs and you will get to live forever in paradise with panda bears and play with lions... everyone else will be killed and eaten by the birds.

It reminds me of the Little Orphan Anne radio shows that would get all the kids exited about a VERY important message that was going to be sent over the air at the end of the show... they would have all the kids go out and buy their Secret Decoder rings so they could decode the message. Once the kids decoded the VERY important message, it was always the same old crap: Drink More Oval teen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit