Does Being Around "Gay" People "Bother" You??

by minimus 170 Replies latest members adult

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

El blanko-

I do not hate or fear homosexuals ... personally I just don't agree with the sexual expression between two same sex individuals.

I'd say there is a definite prejudiced attitude towards people like me who hold this opinion and I would rarely share it with others nowadays out of fear of anger and reprisal.

So much for my rights eh?

I think you your comment was made respectfully. What's unfortunate is that many who share your views are not respectful, which incurs the wrath of others. That is what makes people angry.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    I'd say there is a definite prejudiced attitude towards people like me who hold this opinion and I would rarely share it with others nowadays out of fear of anger and reprisal.

Hallelujah! The world may be getting less tolerant of intolerance.

My homosexual agenda is not tolerance. Tolerance = grudgeful allowance. What I would like to see is acceptance. Acceptance that different people are different. That love is love no matter who its with. That people should get over having to lable others. Some of the people that like to think they are tolerant are the scariest ones, sometimes. Like after a recent get together when the comment was made on another thread, "you saw how well I got along with the homosexuals" that was the saddest thing I ever read.

But then again, I always get along with the heterosexuals, so what do I know.

Sherry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sherry:I accept you, even if you do flick me off when I flirt with ya

• minimus
    minimus

Nah Ah, DaVE----tHiS iS one OF mY GOODoNES!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

LT, I flirt with anyone, I sleep with a woman!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

In all honesty... being around "straight" people "bothers" me.. .

• minimus
    minimus

Why, Stinky??

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I've yet to see straight, anti-gay males have their heads kicked in buy gangs of queer youths. You have plenty of friends who disapprove of homosexuality. Feel free to express your opinion but please don't try and present yourself as a victimised minority.

In which part of my post did I suggest violence? I abhor violence in all shapes and forms. If you knew me face to face, I'm sure you would not see me presenting myself in the way you describe.

I will also express myself however I wish, or would you prefer me to display my feelings in a less than honest fashion?

Part of the fear of the minority on this board expressing other thoughts on threads like these, is that their contributions to other threads may be invalidated by their so-called 'anti' opinion. That is one theory I have.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

El Blanko:

Part of the fear of the minority on this board expressing other thoughts on threads like these, is that their contributions to other threads may be invalidated by their so-called 'anti' opinion. That is one theory I have.

And you discovered this in just six months...

In which part of my post did I suggest violence? I abhor violence in all shapes and forms. If you knew me face to face, I'm sure you would not see me presenting myself in the way you describe.

I didn't read Scotsman as even remotely suggesting that.
    He appears to be suggesting that you are not a "victimised minority", no matter how you might think you are. If you were on the receiving end of baseball bats, for your sexual-orientation, maybe you might then be in a position to claim such.

Nonetheless we are all entitled to our opinions, no matter how ignorant and bourgeois-fascist they may be

Gretchen:
    What a coincidence. So do I !!!

• scotsman
    scotsman

El blanko

I'm not suggesting that you advocate violence and I have no problem with your first statement disapproving of homosexuality, it was your comments that placed you as a victimised minority that I took issue with. While you may feel that the feeling of the majority on this board is pro-gay, in the real world it's quite different, and gay people in many countries throughout the world suffer real victimisation and reprisals, not for promoting their sexuality, but purely for being homosexual. Your fear of censure on this board pales in comparison with the violence homosexuals receive in the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and Russia.

Again, I do not think you are violent and am happy for you to be able to express your beliefs, it's just that you cannot legitimately describe them as being held by a threatened minority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit