Does Being Around "Gay" People "Bother" You??

by minimus 170 Replies latest members adult

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nope!

• gumby
    gumby
    In general, no. But gays who are really into their feminine side make me feel a bit uncomfortable in public, ditto for dykes into their male side (but less so).

I don't mind being around gays, but those in bold type above get my attention and makes me wonder what makes them tick as opposed to straights. I'm curious about them, but not bothered...........(as long as none of the fella's tries ta touch my thingy. Gumby

• Purza
    Purza

My first experience with a gay guy was when I was 22 (an active JW) and he was my boss. We spent lots of time "discussing" things and I showed him scriptures that condemned his lifestyle. How naive I was. He was tolerant of me for being so self-righteous and we ended up to be pretty good friends.

Since then I have worked with many gay people (mostly men) some flaming and some not and I really enjoyed their company. My friendship with someone who is gay does not make me, in any way, question my sexuality and find them to be very tolerant and happy people (at least the 10 or so I know).

Purza

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

No, not really... but I don't need "details"....Fact is your "straight" neighbors are just as likely to be as wild, weird or deviant.... and I don't need their "details", either.

Hill ( Gay? Happy? what's the difference... I just don't get it class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gumby: *GASP* your thingy??

I love Will and Grace, especially Karen, Rosario and Jack the flamer. None of them are really gay by the way.

Flyin'

• jwbot
    jwbot

These topics are really starting to wear me down.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    None of them are really gay by the way.

I did some internet research concerning Sean Hayes, the guy who plays Jack, and wasn't able to find confirmation either way.

There's no doubt in my mind though.

• jwbot
    jwbot

The girl who plays Karen is bi from what I understand.She is just a cool chick.

• Balsam
    Balsam

While I was a JW, my ex-husband (active JW) would constantly put down gay folks to any who would listen. I found his behavior revolting. I would councel my sons not to listen to the nonsense their father was spouting. How could he act like that then be such a hypocrite at the door trying to share bible teachings with these folks and pretend to nice to them. He made me want to puke.

Thankfully now my dear husband is tolerant and kind to gays as I am. I am so fed up with the fundamentalist religions and their spewing their attitudes expecting everyone to share their attitude.

I say leave them alone, let them marry, let them have families and just let all live in peace.

• onacruse
    onacruse

No, and here's why:

On what clear and decisive moral basis could I possibly justify feeling uncomfortable in the company of homosexuals? Take the Bible and the Koran and the Book of Mormon (among others) out of the equation, and all things are equal.

One personal feeling:

I don't promote my monogamous heterosexual decisions, and I would expect that those who had a different sexual orientation would likewise respect my "space." If they did otherwise, it would make me uncomfortable in their company.

There is one homosexual in particular, who I've come to know via JWD, who has my deepest respects, both for his intellect and sensitivity for human nature. What more can be asked of a man (or woman)?

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit