Does Being Around "Gay" People "Bother" You??

by minimus 170 Replies latest members adult

• minimus
    minimus

Whether a person is straight, gay or bi----I really don't care. I don't like the "militant" approach that I've seen with a minority----those in your face types. And of course, I don't like being "hit on" by another guy.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Just last night, my husband & I went to the birthday party of an old friend of ours that happens to be a very queenie gay guy. The resteraunt didn't have the seating arraingements in the room as our friend wanted, & it ended up to be a bunch of smaller tables instead of one big tables, or tables clustered around his table. We arrived a little late, & ended up sitting at a nice, roomy table with 2 very beautiful gay men that we had never met before. I could tell my husband was uncomfortable, but he is a little on the shy side, & I don't think he would have enjoyed being seated with 2 strangers of any pursuasion.

We all quickly became acquainted though, & they were so cool! We had the best time with them that night, couldn't have asked for 2 nicer table mates!

The birthday guy saved our ass one time, big time! We built our own house pretty much by ourselves, & we had a hassle with zoning officer (power tripper), & we had to move tons of stuff out of our trailer here on the site & into the house very quickly & get rid of the trailer. Husband was busily trying to rig electric into new house, & kid was at college. It was up to ME to move 4 years worth of stuff into the house. I sort of became incapacitated & didn't even know where to start. Then I remembered that this friend moved 23 times in 13 years! I called him & he brought two other gay guys up that we never met before, & proceeded to direct THEM to the work (he didn't really do any work himself), & moved all of it in 2 hours! Washer,dryer, couches, house stuff, EVERYTHING! You can't believe how much stuff you accumulate!

So, these guys are some of the nicest, most loyal friends we ever turned out to have!

• minimus
    minimus

.....so gay guys are good movers, then.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Does Being Around "Gay" People "Bother" You??

What is there to be bothered about?

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

I know of more than a few people that are homophobic. Their biggest concern is that they might brush up against a gay person. I know some Witness teens that used to regularly pick fights with persons they believed to be gay.

• dh
    dh

funnily though you might think it would, but no it doesn't bother me.

• seven006
    seven006

No, but hermaphrodites confuse the hell out of me, I don't know weather to like them, or to like them. They force people into liking or not liking them based solely on their character and personality. It makes it very hard to judge what kind of a human they are without seeing them naked.

Personally when I meet a new person the first thing I ask them is what kind of sex they have. Then after they flip me off, I decide weather to like them or not.

I feel the same way about vegetarians and people with acne.

Dave

Min, you know I love ya man, but you're starting to run out of intelligent questions again.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

.....so gay guys are good movers, then. LOL! I don't know, but MY gay guy friend & his friends that became our friends were good movers. I think it was more that they are good friends & I think that they knew what it was to have some trouble, like they had been there before.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I know some Witness teens that used to regularly pick fights with persons they believed to be gay.

Do you mean fights in a physical sense? If so, that's a bit sad, but it is not just certain JW teens who would do this of course.

That term "homophobic" is a little overused and does not cover every person who has an objection.

I do not hate or fear homosexuals ... personally I just don't agree with the sexual expression between two same sex individuals.

I'd say there is a definite prejudiced attitude towards people like me who hold this opinion and I would rarely share it with others nowadays out of fear of anger and reprisal.

So much for my rights eh?

• scotsman
    scotsman

El Blanko

I'd say there is a definite prejudiced attitude towards people like me who hold this opinion and I would rarely share it with others nowadays out of fear of anger and reprisal.

I've yet to see straight, anti-gay males have their heads kicked in buy gangs of queer youths. You have plenty of friends who disapprove of homosexuality. Feel free to express your opinion but please don't try and present yourself as a victimised minority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit