POLL - Elders vs Molesters

by Amazing 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Amazing,

I've known 7 molesters who were JWs.

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• Introspection
    Introspection

0, I guess this doesn't matter for the poll but I did know someone who knew someone, she was a therapist who's a witness.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• teejay
    teejay

• patio34
    patio34

0 (changed to 1 upon reflection)

Witness for 28 years and in about 10 congregations. However, I didn't know much that went on, to tell the truth. I'm just like that. The point is, even if it were going on, I would be the last to know.

OOPS! When you have teens, you hear things. So, make that 1. A friend of my daughter's said her father (a brother in the cong.) molested her.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

One. A friend of my daughter's said her step-father, a brother, molested her.

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

i know of 1 fer ser...my 18 old nephew who has terrorised his cousins for years( since he was 12) one niece is in therapy, the other was only groped, so she has worked thru it pretty well. i just found this out today!!
    my jdub sister( boys aunt) says he is a monster and belongs in jail..not sure of this kids standing..but he attends meetings. his mother is in complete denial..long sad story.....

• somebody
  • DB
    DB

None that I am aware of.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Amazing:

I have to say 0. I never heard of this kind of thing until silentlambs blew the lid off this can of worms.

My elder father and elder ex-husband both were of the rare tight-lipped elders who kept judicial info from their families.

Had Enough

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hi Amazing,

I knew of 3 Child Molesters, 2, Ministerial Servants, 1, Elder.

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit