POLL - Elders vs Molesters

by Amazing 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• philo
    philo

No problems of this sort in my two congregations, in 14 years, as far as I knew.

philo

• LDH
    LDH

I only knew of one, like Reagan, he was the son of a woman who was studying.

Interestingly the only reason I knew of this was because he was arrested and it was in the paper. This all went down without the involvement of the JW.

So perhaps there were other in the congregation who were never arrested because they were never turned in?!?!?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Two

Pork Chop

• Erin
    Erin

One. A MS who molested his step daughter. All kept very quiet.
    He's still in, and she is out.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Top again.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. --Steven Wright

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey All,

I wander how many ex-JW's was molesters? Or still are molesters. Unless YOU are the PERFECT race.

• Preston
    Preston

I was an active JW for 5 years, was a ministerial servant, and knew 0 child molesters.

• Shroom
    Shroom

Twelve molesters, five of them in my own family.

• Tanalyst
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Amazing,

I knew one. He was our Presiding Overseer when I was a boy. My mother told me a was a child molester in only the last six months. He was caught TWICE doing it by his wife with two different little girls. The first time he was reprimanded. The second time he was removed. He was later returned to authority in the Congregation. The congregation never knew why he was removed from his position. This was over forty years ago. My mother knew and kept it silent herself until she told me. She swore me to confidence that I would not tell her daughter about it (my pioneer/ex-Bethelite sister). Imagine that! She didn't make me promise I wouldn't tell the entire rest of the world, though! His name was Fred Vandress and he "served" as a PO in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the 1950's. He's dead. That's ok. Even the dubs didn't like him. He was a jerk.

Even as a young boy I noticed that he was a mean man towards the flock, notwithstanding the unspeakable cruelties he did to at least two little girls under his "Theocratic" charge.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit