POLL - Elders vs Molesters

by Amazing 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I just found out that a jw i know here in Fuquay has been accused of child molestation. His step son told Tonya(a friend of mine) about it tonight. I will see if I find anything about it in the N&O and the Fuquay paper, and then make a copy and paste it here.

• larc
    larc

Folks,

I brought this back up at Amazing's request, since he is at the BRCI conference this weekend.

This thread has been read over 700 times, but only one tenth of that number has contributed. I rarely use all caps, but,

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE YOUR CONTRIBUTION!

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

I've known 3. All from the same cong.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've met one victim that I know of. I do not directly know the molester, but know of him via the victim and others who are aware of the situation.

BTW, it is important that we distinguish victims from perps. The poster who said 12; is that 12 victims, or 12 molesters?

• waiting
    waiting

#1 My ex-husband's grandfather (dead now) - molested little girls before being a dub (1970), and we know, in his 80's (1985), he molested little girls again. What when on in between those years is just a guess. Old man loved to tape his conversations during the visits. He was the friendly neighborhood "Candy Man."

#2 Brother W...... in Kokomo, IN. (dead now) Raped his own daughter for years, molested my daughter when she visited over there. Elders knew, didn't even talk to him for fear of being sued by his worldly wife. She threatened, they hid.

#3 Brother R....... in S. Carolina molested his 10 year old step daughter repeatedly. She told teacher, who told police, who felt they had enough evidence to go against him. He's still in jail awaiting Court, in good standing in KH.

#4 Brother in Columbia, SC raped his daughter for years, got caught, df'd, reinstated. She's a damned strange young woman. They still live together (wife dead for decades).

#5 A sister asked if I would talk with another mother in N. Carolina. Her young son was raped by a brother (ms?). She went to elders, nothing was done - no proof. She was a single, black mother - and felt that had a lot to do with them doing nothing. Her son committed suicide several years later.

#6 My much-younger brother, who I studied with for several years. Naturally, I tried to be friendly with him - he was not a happy youngster. Go figure, my dad was having sex with him and couldn't stand the kid because the boy was smarter than he was. Anyway, I don't know if #6 counts, because he was just a study.

Was a jw for 30 years. Woman, active member in 4 congregations.

God, this is a depressing thread.

waiting

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

I can only recall 3 off the top of my head, #1 is still active and being used by the brothers (he is currently listed on our local database of sex offenders) #2 is inactive, still trying to molest children whenever and wherever possible, #3 is disfellowshipped and is also listed on the sex offenders list.

I'm sure that I have encountered others in the past, just can't bring them to mind right now.

• noidea
    noidea

To the top!

• anglise
    anglise

Known of 2 molestors in local area.
    One was only revealed after he committed suicide, so how many he affected was never known officially and the other was a word of mouth warning to be careful with your children around him, but he was in another cong and I didnt know him personally, and I dont know what happened to him, we were new in org at the time and not privy to such info.

• larc
    larc

PLEASE VOTE!

Even though you were taught not to vote, this vote is important.

Vote even if you don't know of any molesters. It is important to get an accurate tally.

This has been read nearly 900 times yet we have less than 80 votes.

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

To the top again...

Please vote - this is really important

If God dropped acid, would he see people? -- Steven Wright

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit