POLL - Elders vs Molesters

by Amazing 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Seeker
    Seeker

I know one molestor, who had at least 6 victims that I personally knew about.

There were two others who I suspect, but don't have enough evidence to say for sure.

• BOC
    BOC

Five (In three Congregations)

• paulvarjak
    paulvarjak

3 that I served on commitees for. 11 victims in all.

• dedalus
  • MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

My family moved quite a bit when I was growing up I know of a definite four in different congregations. I don't know of any definite offenders in the congregation I'm in now, but I'm new there.
    Always watch out for the ones who show alot of interest in your child. One brother in this congregation kept asking to take our son places, it just seemed unusual-he never invited the whole family. And he seemed to have a poor relationship with his own son. We did not allow our son to go with him. The brother has since moved to a different congregation.

"plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." -Veronica A. Shoffstall

• Seven
    Seven

Three

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

I Knew two myself. Well three if you count Fredhall.

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Amazing,

I know one.

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

One that admitted to me he had been a molester B4 dunking, and one other who was rumored but never proven. That was in a total of 2 congs. Of course I thought the first one was kinda strange as I was 14 when he told me.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I was never molested, but I had two elders that were family friends that approached me in a more than 'sisterly' way.

One elder was one of my dad's best friends. To this day my parents refuse to believe that Brother Frye was doing anything more than hugging me. Hmmm - do all elders hug with their tongue rammed down someone's throat and their hands up the girls shirt???

The other elder was the husband of the sister I studied with when I was fourteen. Brother Park approached me as I slept on their sofa during a visit. This sister later wisened up and divorced him. She had to step down as a RP and will never be able to marry again, but thinks that's a small price to pay to NOT be around a pedophile. Again, my parents refuse to even acknowledge this happened. They say that I had a crush on HIM and led him on. Whatever...

My parents refusing to acknowledge these incidents is what's most hurtful to me. Not that those two men approached me.

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit