Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had The Power?

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

MLM--Multi Level marketing.Attributed to P.T.Barnum the world's most famous MLM showman and geek:"there's a sucker born every minute". God hates a coward.[Rev.21:8] ever notice how this verse # 8 is just past the vs. # 4 that jdubs always hawk adnaseum?

Throw the bums out and super-size it.Take out the trash the Watchtower gig is up, a hard fast rule has always been that longstanding traits seldom change.Past as the prologue then,the Armageddon alarmist at the Watchtower will never change,they have done to death the 1914 'generations' the WT$ is a joke wrapped in a nightmare. Throw the bums out.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY WHISTLE BLOWER click me

I have been dogging their ripoff racket tax exempt status for several years.From my chair [and I am no tax expert] they should be getting nailed for failure to pay:in the USA

STATE VENDING TAXES It's more of a state thing than an IRS federal thing don't you think??

[Edited to date:] In the USA in all states[ except New Hampshire no vending/sales tax there ] at the time of my 'squeal letter' to the departments of revenue attention tax fraud investigators 1997

• JBB
    JBB

I Have been a member before, but its been years since I posted on this site. Greetings! I don't think the JWs should be outlawed, but some of their practices should not be permitted. Take care

• minimus
    minimus

JBB---Welcome (again).

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I don't think the JWs should be outlawed, but some of their practices should not be permitted.

The WT is breaking more than a few laws of the land and should be charged with: 1. False advertising 2. Deception 3. slander 4. endangerment 5. indentured servitude etc......

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I'm against banning them, because as everyone has pointed out, it would make them much too happy. But I do wish there was some way to protect JW children, having been one myself. I really can't see a way, though. Free flow of information is a great idea, but you can't force that on people generally, much less JWs. I mean, when could you ever tell them ANYTHING? Their psychological defences are perfect. So if you stick the kids in some sort of special anti-cult training, it would just be a different way of martyring the group, but they wouldn't take it in. And you could ban disfellowshipping, but you can't make people talk to people if they don't want to. It would just join the enormous list of tacit rules that everybody follows without admitting it. I think it would be better to corrupt them somehow. I know that sounds cynical but their leadership is basically cynical, so I feel okay about it. Offer them some irresistible financial benefit for loosening up, on the condition that it is openly implemented.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

1. False advertising of what? Their product is a few books and multimedia they advertise reading their books. If you can read their books them they have satisfied the law. 2. Deception of whom? 3. slander I have only know them to slader dead people which is not illegal. 4. endangerment Their factories and buildings are safe within the law. 5. indentured servitude Is legal if you sign a vow of poverty.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

If their headquarters and kingdom halls were taken away I can't see how they could continue to operate. There would be a lot of pressure to take risks or go to jail for Jehovah which would be so horrible but it might give the organization a bad enough reputation to stop growth and give weaker witnesses a way out. Who knows if that would finish the organization, but it might be an opportunity for a reorganization or (even worse) for a bunch of different new groups to start up.

I don't think the US government will launch a full scale attack on Christian fundamentalists any time soon.

The real problem is trusting too much in people and organizations and not critically examining their claims. As long as there are trusting gullible people there will be high-control groups like this one.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Watchtower canon of ethics aka A.O.P. ( WT$ Approved Operating Procedure ) WATCHTOWER CRIMINAL PROFILE AT A GLANCE [partial listing] Quick definitions (suborn)
  • verb: incite to commit a crime or an evil deed (Example: "He suborned his butler to cover up the murder of his wife")
  • verb: induce to commit perjury or give false testimony (Example: "The President tried to suborn false witnesses")
  • verb: procure (false testimony or perjury)
  • Suborning perjury (their willful lying under-oath in court) is a Felony Quick definitions (Extortion)

Quick definitions (swindle) e.g.I was swindled out of my life savings by the $ociety.Got a nice ring to it "$windled by the $ociety"

noun: the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme

• verb: deprive of by deceit (Example: "He swindled me out of my inheritance")
  • Quick definitions (Blackmail)

Last but not least:venue in God's court:blaspheme

• verb: speak of in an irreverent or impious manner (Example: "Blaspheme God")
  • verb: utter obscenities or profanities
  • Quick definitions (blaspheme)
  • Farkel
    Farkel

: Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had The Power?

No. I would prefer to see them fall because of their own corruption and greed.

Farkel

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit