Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had The Power?

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

DaCheech, i get the feeling you are trying to loose your junior status, with all these postings.,,,,,,Fess up

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hey I'm a closet wanna be DF'd. Have been accused of living a lie. You don't think I have

deep resentment for all the injustices? C'mon give me a break!

• Maverick
    Maverick

That was great information on the Tax Exempt Status! I would remove the Property Tax Exemption from all churches! Why should my tax dollars subsidies a religion I do not support? These religious groups interfere with the political process and try to impose their beliefs and standards on the public at large but decry any attempted reinbursment for the social services they enjoy at that same publics expense. Road maintenance, fire and police protection all are paid for with property tax monies that these churches do not pay for. Some of the most valuable real estate is not on the tax roles and the difference is paid for by the citizenry.

Just as the government is not to interfere with the churches let the churches not interfere with the governed! Let's truly keep Church and State separate! Mav

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I woulddemand thattheir books be opened.

CZAR

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The way to go is either the "Bush-44" strategy or the "Bush-42" strategy of toppling the leadership.

I assume you meant "Bush 43" and "Bush-41," unless you expect Jeb to be the next President...

NeonMadman
    of the "ever-nit-picky" class

• Scully
    Scully

No, I wouldn't outlaw JWs, even if I could. It would feed their persecution complex and cause them to thrive even more.

What I would like to see is more education, starting in grade school (around grade 5 or 6) teaching kids about groups dynamics, deceptive recruiting practices, etc. The techniques used by JWs are used by other groups - cliques, bullies, gangs, MLM groups - and people need to learn to recognize them and have a way of handling the social pressure to conform to group pressure.

Teens are very vulnerable to these tactics and if kids knew how to handle themselves when confronted with these situations, they would have skills that would serve them well as adults too.

Love, Scully

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wouldn't outlaw them, but I would make some changes.

1) No one under the age of 18 would be allowed to get baptized.

2) Crisis of Conscience would be required reading prior to baptism.

Walter

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Most western republics are free countries, with freedom of expression.

You are free to go follow daffy duck or the WT$'s false bogus dogmas. Duck 2

"Revenge is sweet it's really neat"
    alt As the world turns in all time zones...yes while i am getting my beauty sleep....our 'apostate' web counters are clicking and we are inflicting some serious mortal damage on the WT$.

Matthew 25:41 :: New International Version (NIV)

Matthew 25

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. ... The judgment( if there is going to be one) STARTS {with those who say the are} the house of God.. Danny Haszard sez's: "The pen(keystroke) is mightier than the sword".The first amendment of the usa constitution (freedom of speech) is more powerful than the second amendment( right to have a firearm).. [ I'm a gun lover by the way,and not squeamish about justifiable "H".] They have their prejudices and we have the Pentium processors. Tactical to practical,booted up,undaunted Danny Computing The Watchtower building - US headquarters of the Jehovah's WitnessesThe Ivory tower is due to topple.. Leaning Tower Of Pisa Fireworks

• metatron
    metatron

I wouldn't outlaw them but I would MAKE THEM LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for any and all FRAUD, the same as any

other legal corporation. In addition, they would be legally responsible for effects generated by df'ing.

Disappointed because you gave up that job and house waiting for the "generation" not to pass away?

Call the Ambulance Chasers at One Eighthundred Whiplash.....

metatron

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**cliques, bullies, gangs, MLM groups

Scully,

What are MLM groups? I've seen this reference before and I can't figure out what it stands for....

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit