Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had The Power?

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As much as I believe that the Witnesses are a "cult", I don't think I'd choose to legally ban them. What about you??

• shamus
    shamus

I don't believe that they are a full-blown cult at all. True, I use the term sometimes, but it is not completely accurate. They are a high-control group.

I would not outlaw them. I would put extreme restrictions on them, however. They wouldn't be able to put on they're sheeps clothing as easily.

Every penny that they took in would be taxed, unless they offered they're garbage for free, and never, ever, ever asked for one penny. Not even the 'our work is supported by donations'. They would live by the sword and die by the sword; something they are always unwilling to do.

• amac
    amac

No...but it would be cool to outlaw their ability to dictate to their entire religion who they should shun...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A ban wouldn't stop them anyway. They would operate under "persecution." I'd maybe find a more effective way to counteract them. Anyone got any ideas?

Flyin'

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Nawww. Freedom of religion has to mean freedom for everyone, even those we don't agree with, or else it's just a meaningless phrase.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No, but I would provide an extensive library of information about all religions.

Education is the best way to kill tyrany.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

No, but I would like to make it illegal to do door2door "work" (since NOBODY actually WANTS their "visits" and it would stop the bible studies that are started by this method) and I would like to have all shunning stopped.

Annie

• JH
    JH

NO , If we did that, this forum wouldn't exist anymore...

• kls
    kls

No ,not outlawed but the watchtower should be exposed for what it really stands for and the secrets it has. That way people can make their own choices, then there would be no need to outlaw. They would doom themselves.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The end of JW is not a ban but free flow of information!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit