How do we protect the abuser?

by ???? 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

After the Dateline sensation, our congregation had the District Convention.

The Chairman said about the child abuse cases. He said that the apostates are telling only half truth. But I wanted the whole truth. "What is the other half truth?", I asked the elders.

You know what? ????, there was no "the other half truth". They told me that they can help me understand their policy. Can you imagine? They said that they could help me understand why they keep the molesters in the congregation secretly, and I was supposed to go along with it.

At the convention when the Chairman said, "Don't tell anyone, and don't even talk about it. If your conscience bothers you, then there is something wrong with your conscience," I knew I couldn't be a jw any more. I didn't want to be guilty by sympathetic to pro-molesters.

• ????
    ????

So your saying that there are convicted molesters still serving as Elders and MS in the Congergations? Can you prove this?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, question mark.

Here are some things my church does to keep reproach from coming on our congregation. Anybody interested in working with children must take a workshop on how to recognize signs of abuse, and what is appropriate and inappropriate touching. We are even instructed in detail on how we are take our charges to the washroom (doors held open, etc.). We complete an application including several character references, and a police check.

There is no question that any allegation would be immediately reported to the authorities.

The Kingdom Hall is a slightly different scenario, as there are no separate programs for youth. Nevertheless, there are many opportunities for a person in authority to be alone with a "young one". The sense of separateness and purity may lull some people to trust their young ones in the care of other adults at the Kingdom Hall. One thing I did learn from my course, is that pedophiles are always on the hunt for places where they can get easy access to children. Children who are unlikely to contradict their elders. From a pedophile's point of view, churches, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, children's clubs, and sports clubs are all ripe opportunities.

You mention a case where an MS was nearly convicted wrongly. Note that justice was eventually served. I still maintain that the court system is far more balanced and fair than the wagging tongues at the Kingdom Hall.

...so how could the WT policy be beefed up?

• Report all allegations to the authorities - let them sort it out.
    • Do regular reference checks on all those recommended for authority.
    • Encourage children to speak out if they are mistreated in any way.
    • If a person is charged but not convicted of a criminal offence, remove them from their position of authority until all is sorted out.
  • BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i don't think i'm going to share my privelaged information of sexual abuse of my child with this poster. i doubt my feelings would receive the respect they deserve. and i couldn't handle listening to any more wts apologists, disregarding my personal experience.

sorry ???????? but you seem like someone who would push my buttons.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    So your saying that there are convicted molesters still serving as Elders and MS in the Congergations? Can you prove this?

???? Do you have a copy of the letter that the society sent out 2 years ago regarding this? It clearly says that they were found guilty. But since they did that a long time ago , the society wants to forget about it. Not to mention keeping it secret from the congregation. Or better yet go to www.silentlambs.org. They have a copy of both Dateline and Panorama. Panorama is a British version of Dateline. In the Dateline you will see 3 cases. All three of them were still going door to door even though they were found guilty of molestation. I understand that one of them was disfellowshipped for sodomizing his own grandchildren. But he got reinstated and knocking at the neighbors' doors. Similar stories go to the other two as well. They, the elders and the society, knew it, but hushed. Not to mention making the victims silent. In the Dateline you'll see one of them going to jail. When I told my mom, who is a jw, she didn't believe it. She said that it is fake. "They are all the apostate actors pretending to be jws", she said. Apparently later she found out the truth. They weren't apostates! They were the victims crying for justice. Without Silentlambs.org it wouldn't be possible to bring justice for those victims. Oh, by the way, the elders in my former congregation said that if it is not required by the State law, they don't report to police about the abuse. And if that pedo comes to our hall, no one would know his past except for the elders who are told (by the society) to keep it secret. Maybe you should ask your elders if they are going to let you know or let other common publishers know if a pedophile brother moves in to your hall. Watchtower is notorious on chaging their policies and beliefs. Maybe they changed last 2 years. I hope.

• gdt
    gdt

the positive side of this awful matter seems to be summed up by Ockrey and ?????? and several others. If the group could come up with anything better than Ockrey said, please identify, as his/her post really sums up what is the problem but at least gives a corrective plan, if not already put in place.

it also is appreciated the correcting of improper personal condemnation too by the way. no benefit to anyone, least of all the thrower of rubbish stuff.

cheers, gdt

• gdt
    gdt

Sincere apologies...i didn't proof read, and the writings of JGNAT had the outline which made sense to me, sorry, compliments JGNAT

gdt

• avishai
    avishai
    IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE WEATHER THERE IS PROOF OR NOT THE PERSON WILL NOT SERVE IN ANY CONG EVER AGAIN it shows a pattern. This is our ploicy.

B.F.D!!!!!

So? It relegates them to the same position women have been in forever in the JW's. It's a red herring that does'nt mean squat. It does'nt do any more or less to protect kids. Oh, so you say they can't go out in service alone? Did you know that only 3% of pedophiles are ever caught? Did you know that these guys like to act together? So, here's a scenario for ya. A pedo who has'nt been caught goes out in service with one who has. They use it to attack kids. How does this help?

The only way to keep the cong clean is to Yes encourage the people involved to go to the police

Once again, a red herring and their "new" policy, Ironically released a week after dateline. It put's the responsbility on the victim and victims family. Which is why there are mandatory reporting laws. It's not up to the vicim in most states. It's the LAW that the elders report it. And they have, and continue to break these laws.

To me its simple if my child gets abused I may take matters in my own hands and kill the person

Understandable emotion, but in the long run if you get caught it just victimizes your child more.

How 'bout you prove that there are'nt?
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    screwed up sorry
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a child that spent summers with me as a child was molested by her jw uncle. in 1995 or 96 this "brother" was being considered as an elder in central/western kentucky, letters were written by the child(now grown) her sister, (who'd also been molested) and their mother. informing the elders of this mans past and they were ignored. he is now an elder. he gave a talk in the hall me and my children attended once after that and i took my children and left. i was told since the two young women who were molested were no longer jws nor their mother that their word meant nothing.and gee whiz he was just a teenager when he did it. ( i think 17 but not positive)yes their are still molesters serving as elders and ms's. i cant PROVE it.. but i know of the one case. i'll name the city if you like.. but i'd rather not be specific in case someone from my old hall figures out who i am and i get accused of apostasy. i'm a fader not a fighter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit