How do we protect the abuser?

by ???? 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ????
    ????

This was not a mistake this is our standing. First encourage the abused to let police know see Awake oct 8, 1993:Some legal experts advise reporting the abuse to the authorities as soon as possible. In some lands the legal system may require this. But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution.

• little witch
    little witch

The accused REMAINED A MS..... AND LATER BECAME AN ELDER?

Yep, that sounds about right..

How did you and others shun him while the inquirey was going on? Because that is gossip and slander according to the watchtower society....How did you know what he was accused of?

Also, there are only a few places that require religious elders to report,, and only in those places do the jw's feel obligated to do so (to keep their butts out of prison)

What we work for is GLOBAL CHANGE of this policy, as we understand that religious societies will protect their own rather than the children they harm.

Again I say, uneducated religious zeolots are in no position to judge whether a child was molested or not...Professionals should be the judge, not religious figures.

Oh, and stop using multiple screen-names....It is annoying to us, and makes you look skiddish...as well as being against the forum rules.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution

Notice that the article does not actually advise someone to go to the authorities, but instead actually discourages doing so as unreliable.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello & welcome to our forum,

I'm a jw sister of 30 yrs, currently in good standing, but inactive. My daughter was abused by a jw brother (who had 5 children of his own). She didn't tell me about it until approx. 10 yrs later. I notified the elders in that congregation. Strangely enough, the man's only daughter had just written them a highly detailed letter describing years of incestuous sex with her father, starting when she was a young girl. No, she didn't initiate it.

But, you see, the problem was that there were TWO Witnesses.........but of DIFFERENT sexual acts.......so therefore, in the logic of the WTBTS........there weren't two witnesses. The man's "worldly wife" called the elders, said if they came on her property and breathed the word "child molester" - she'd sue them for slander (they had scheduled a meeting with him).

The elders called the WTBTS, the society said "back off" - they did. The man who molested my daughter and screwed his own daugher for years remained a "faithful brother" until his death decades later. I'm guessing he died a "sexually fullfilled" molester as many grandchildren paraded through his home.

Btw, you're right, children can lie.......they do it often, just like adults. But sexual child abuse IS a common problem - and the WTBTS has over 20,000 of them in their files. Do your research - clicks have been given you. "Make The Truth Your Own."

waiting

• ????
    ????

This is the first time I have post anything in any one of these forums. so I have no idea what your talking about.

• little witch
    little witch

Of course not

• waiting
    waiting
    Awake oct 8, 1993:Some legal experts advise reporting the abuse to the authorities as soon as possible. In some lands the legal system may require this. But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution.

Did you notice what this is actually saying?

"Some legal experts advise reporting" - thus, "some don't." Nothing definitive is said.

"some lands the legal system may require this." - thus, in other lands, they don't. Nothing definitive is said.

"other places the legal system may offer little hope." - thus, what's the use....and nothing definitive is said.

That Awake is saying nothing that the ordinary person doesn't know. It's definitely NOT saying "Report child abuse to the police no matter where you live."

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

little witch:

gdt, I mean, ????,

????:

This is the first time I have post anything in any one of these forums. so I have no idea what your talking about.

little witch unless you have absolute proof that this poster is posting as someone else, please refrain from accusations. FWIW I checked both IP's and they are different.

???? Welcome to the forum. Please ask as many questions as you need, I'm sure we all will help you as best as we can.

Kate

• ????
    ????

I have two a boy and a girl if anything happened to them I'm sure I would not let some elder tell me to keep it to myself until they have all the facts. No! I would most likely go to the police and then go to the elders. But if their was no witnesses to what happened I would be angry and want to kill the person but with out proof what do the elders do.

• little witch
    little witch

Kate,

IP Addy's be danged...I know what I know.....but will leave off with the accusations.

I will also boldly answer the obvious in my usual way.....with the facts as I see 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit