How do we protect the abuser?

by ???? 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• gumby
    gumby
    this does not mean everything wrong that they say and do is coming from "head office"

There is PLENTY of "wrongness" coming from the.....'head office', if you care to keep searching as you are. Protecting child abuser's is definately one of them. Keep up the good questions.

Gumby

• Odrade
    Odrade
    this does not mean everything wrong that they say and do is coming from "head office"

Oh, but it does... it used to be that elders would follow their conscience + the Pay Attention manual in dealing with these matters. If they called the Society at all, I doubt it was a call to the Legal Department. Yet now, they are instructed to call the Legal Department immediately, before they do anything. So however the case it handled is coming down directly from the top. It's probably no coincidence that the problem has become more complicated since then.

At least before mandatory Legal Department involvement, there were certainly pockets of men dealing as rightly as they knew how.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    What is worst for our religion? having many child abusers disfellowshiped. Or protecting them? Its not rocket sicence

And that's why my father is still a ministerial servant in good standing and I'm out.

You're right. It's not rocket science.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Its not rocket sicence

Then why do they keep screwing up? Why has it taken them so long to make changes? I guess we are still waiting for 1975

• ????
    ????

The Elders are responsible for the spiritual welfare of their sheep so its not as simple as just turning all cases over to the police and washing there hands clean. What if the court finds that it was a lie? do the elders take the courts word for it? Just like the elders the courts are imperfect.The only way to keep the cong clean is to Yes encourage the people involved to go to the police but it doesnt stop there they need to do there utmost to find the truth because if they disfellowship someone because they let there imperfect emotions sicken them about someone they can be blood guilty they are acountable to jehovah so they need to make sure before doing this. Things get made up people lie. This policy is to protect everyone involved. Early someone posted that bethels advice to someone was to wait on Jehovah. To me if all that can be done is done but the elders can't prove anything then yes that person will not be removed so yes wait on jehovah. But this should not bother all of you because I read in many of your posts that a child abuser never does it just once but many many times.So even if police can't prove it if the persons does it again and still no proof ,it doesnt matter it shows there is a pattern. Now this person can never serve as a elder or Ms again even if its proven later that it was a lie.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    if the persons does it again and still no proof ,it doesnt matter

Oh my God. This is one of those times, I'm just dumbstruck. Bless your heart, you're so busy trying to defend an indefensible evil that you just don't realize what you're saying nor do you realize how it sounds.

None so blind as those who will not see.

• ????
    ????

odrade:

that is one way to look at it. But wouldnt it make more sence that "Head Office" got tired of many retarted sorry "untrained volunteers" and now see the need to help them follow correct policy.

• ????
    ????

sorry big tex maybe right now i'm upset at something and i want to believe you but I can see what your saying!

To me its simple if my child gets abused I may take matters in my own hands and kill the person but if i don't.

1) GO TO POLICE

2) GO TO ELDERS(SO THAT THE CONG IS KEPT CLEAN)

3)WAIT!!!! WHAT IS THE OUTCOME (DO THE COURTS PUT HIM IN JAIL FOR YEARS)

4)DO THE ELDERS DISFELLOWSHIP HIM (IF NOT WHY? IS HE STILL IN GOOD STANDING, A ELDER STILL? WHY?IF THEY HAVE NO PROOF WHAT ARE THEY TO DO? WHAT IF THEY KICK HIM OUT ANYWAY AND FIND OUT LATER THAT IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE?

will i like it no but if there is no proof and the kick him out anyway and later I find out that its was my close friend that did this and not him i and the elders just screwed that guy because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if it is him and they have no proof and dont kick him out then I feel he will get cought by someone (yes this sucks to because that means someone else has to get hurt) but what other way is there? we live in a screwed up world. there no perfect answer.

• ????
    ????

Big Tex you took my sentence out of context I was saying that if a person was accused of this a second time and their was no proof and the police couldnt do anything and the elders had no proof IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE WEATHER THERE IS PROOF OR NOT THE PERSON WILL NOT SERVE IN ANY CONG EVER AGAIN it shows a pattern. This is our ploicy.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

????, first of all, WELCOME TO OUR FORUM!!!!

I taked to the elders, and watched both Dateline and Panorama. The first elder denied everything what those shows featured. Then later he said that he didn't know "the policy" well because he had never dealt with it before. Basicaly he acknowledged that there are brothers who have found guilty of child molestation within the organization. Some of them are also still serving as MSs or elders, and "are still going door to door". Even the Watchtower Society Letter acknowledges this as a fact. Another interesting fact is that if one of those guilty brothers move in to your congregation, the elders will keep quiet about his case. Therefore, you are not going to know unless your child get molested by him. You will be going door to door with him, sit with him with your children, and have gatherings with him with your children. But you are not going to know if he was a guilty child molester. So my questions are:

IF THE VICTIMS WERE NOT TOLD NOT TO GO TO THE POLICE, WHY DO THEY STILL HAVE THOSE PEDOPHILES IN THE ORGANIZATION SERVING EVEN MS OR ELDERS?

IF THE ORGANIZATION IS PROTECTING THE CHILDREN, WHY DO THEY HUSH ABOUT THE MOLESTERS AND WHY DO THEY KEEP AMONG THEM?

"Leave it to Jehovah", they say. Would you leave it to Jehovah if your child or your wife got raped by a witness who denies wrong doing? When your baby is crying for help, can you say to him, "Child, you don't have 2 witnesses. So you just have to leave it to Jehovah"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit