Please Respond To Survey! 25 more needed please.

by Big Jim 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

I was born in it.My mother was actually brought in by my fathers sisters(don't know how they came in)and drug my father along.She said that she accepted the study just after her younger brother died(polio).Her parents and most of her sibs as well as the rest of my dads family followed.
    I find it very interesting how many come in following the death of a loved one.I guess it's the easiest time to sell them on the resurrection...

Cowboy

• jurs
    jurs

i was found at the door !!!! i had no knowledge of the bible but wanted to learn about God. i never intended to ever join i just wanted to learn. it took 2 1/2 years of studying (brainwashing) before i got baptized. i felt that i must be very special and HUMBLE that Jehovah directed an angel to my door. i guess it made me feel superior to others. look how humble i am , most the world wont listen but i did. at first i didn't agree with alot of what i was learning but the pioneer was persistant and when i started getting "opposed" for studying i thought this must be the truth. i was never persecuted for being Catholic. it never dawned on me that my family and friends were just concerned and worried. jurs

• Shroom
    Shroom

I was born into it. My great-grandmother was the first into the religion. She was exposed to it by listening to the radio programs back in the 1930's or 1940's. She brought her mother, step-father,siblings, husband and children in, and it was passed on down. My father was raised in it but never baptized. He married my mother who wasn't a jw and brought her into it.

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings,

3rd generation here(my son was 4th) Tina

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

I was born and raised by my mother, who learned of the org by my father's parents. My father was smart though-he ran when he had the chance.
    My Regards,
    Joanne

• larc
    larc

I'm back,

One thing I am curious about. How many did you bring in as a result of the door to door work. As I mentioned before, my two aunt's brought in two and zero for my mother, my sister, or myself.

• circe
    circe

I was raised as a Witness for the first 5 years of my life.

16 years later I was "re-introduced" when my mother started studying again.

The reason she studied in the first place was because of my uncle.

So my answer is: FAMILY influence.

Circe

"Wisdom and virtue are like the two wheels of a cart." Japanese Proverb

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I was BORN in to it. My oldest sibling was 5 or 6 when our parents became JW's. In all they raised 6 kids to become baptized JW's. Only two remain in. Of the 10 grandchildren 2 are baptized but I think are fringe members and only 2 minors have to attend meetings.

There are a lot of new people posting on this thread. To them all I say welcome aboard I am glad you have joined us!

I wonder how many more people are lurking and are yet to post.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• TR
    TR

My older brother who is still "in", had the biggest influence on me being sucked in.

TR

"Kults Suk"

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

My parents studied through contact at the door when I was 5. They said they wanted to prove the witnesses wrong, but couldn't. Both my father and motherinlaw said they looked at many other religions before hand. The witnesses had the answers.

Yea...they sure did! [8>]

BEW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit