Please Respond To Survey! 25 more needed please.

by Big Jim 113 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

my parents were baptized in 1974 and a year later, i was born. my dad was suckered into the cult by a co-worker. they raised all of us kids (5) as jws. i'm the only one who left. my older sister is the only one of us who ever celebrated a birthday or christmas as a kid. she was 5 when my parents assimilated.

i think door to door work is just the borg's way of keeping the dubs busy and tired. and of course, the borg can control the busy, tired and worn out dubs much easier.

love
    harmony

"Power doesn't mean you're acting like a man, or you're a bully or a bitch. It's that you don't let people step on you"
    -Sharon Monplaisir

• crossroads
    crossroads

My parents---but they came in through the door to door
    work. It was the early 70's and they needed a life raft.
    But "NO RAIN NO RAIN" sounds like a 70's song just
    can't but my finger on it.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Born and raised in it. Thanks goodness I won't die in it.

The vast majority of every JW I ever knew was a) Born in, or b) brought in by family/friends. I could count on one hand those I know were cold called at the door and came in. This out of probably 15-25 halls I was in/around.

Fred: You weren't sucked in - you just suck.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My college roomate, his mother was a dub, dad wasn't which is why he was at school. He started an "informal" study with me.

My wife was dragged in by her grandparents, who are a couple of the very few I know that got pulled in by door to door work.

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Although I was never baptized, I agreed to a bible study (that lasted 8 months) because a girl I had a crush on in high school spoke so glowingly of the religion. I hate love.

"When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. Life is a relationship to the whole." - Bruce Lee.

• rob
    rob

My parents began to study when I was a toddler. They were baptized when I was about 8. Was da'd at 37.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Big Jim,

just for your survey:

- not by door to door witnessing!

I do know personally many more, the same way:

***informal witnessing.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• outnfree
    outnfree

My brother-in-law was witnessed to by a co-worker, and got my sister interested. My sister studied but never got baptized. Before she stopped studying, however, she dragged me along to a convention to help with her two little toddlers. I enjoyed the program. I had a study. I left off studying before being baptized myself, but still decided that the JWs were the only ones who made sense (I was already a non-Trinitarian, so that was a biggie with me). I met my husband and shelved the religion (he was a divorced Catholic) resigning myself to dying at Armageddon. (It was 1974.) Hey! At least I wasn't going to burn in eternal hellfire! LOL But when I had my first child in 1984, I could not condemn her to death, too. So I restarted a study out of fear, really. Took me another four years to get baptized, though.

outnfree

• godlike
    godlike

First of all I don't agree with your wording. The "truth" is definitely not the truth.

Second, I was born into it. My mother started being a JW about 6 yrs before I came along.

• neyank
    neyank

Oh allright. I'll admit it.
    I was suckered in at the door.

They had (so I thought) the answers to the questions that I
    had at the time.
    Of course as time went on, there were new questions but NO
    answers.
    C'mon now. There must be others that were taken in from the
    door to door work.
    Who will admit it?

neyank