Please Respond To Survey! 25 more needed please.

by Big Jim 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

10 More Please To Complete Survey.

• rem
    rem

My wife and I were born into it. My Father is a 2'nd generation JW. My mother came in through a JW workmate or something. My wife's parents were hippies in the '70's and I'm not sure how they became indoctrinated. My father-in-law witnessed to his family and now almost all of them are Witnesses.

My wife and I are the first to leave the witnesses in our families. Also, now my mom and sister, along with her husband has left. My brother no longer believes it's the truth, but is still in to keep his marriage together. One of my wife's sisters is now DF'd, and I'm not sure if she will ever go back.

rem

• Delilah blue
    Delilah blue

Hi,
    I was sucked in by being on the rebound. I had just split up with a nasty hubby .
    Being lonely ,I often visited other family members in my village. My old uncle who was a devout
    Catholic let the witnesses in just for the heated discussion.I got" caught" there unable to sneak
    out. So I sat there , and met my now husband. He had just gotten in to the witnesses 2 years prior.
    He also had just split up with his wife who left him because he began to study with the J.w.,
    Anyway , we got smitten , they told us the rules,
    and before you know it the ink on my divorce was hardly dry when I was engaged.
    He was a M. servant then and after we were married just 2 years he became an elder.
    Amazing what power can do to a person. My hubby is now unrecognizeable. I don't know him.
    To make matters worse, they are talking about him becoming cong. overseer.
    I left the org. in 1998,and they will never disfellowship me because they need him in the tiny cong.
    of about 45. There are only 3 elders and he is the youngest , who is a people pleaser.
    Yes there is a hell and I live in it. I was sucked in and nearly had the life sucked out of me .

• LDH
    LDH

Born into it.....

The rest is history.

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Likewise, I was brought in via my Uncle. And my sister was brought in via me. And my niece was brought in via my sister.

• Lindy
    Lindy

My Mom came in through the door to door work. Her sister was studying with a JW shortly before and was baptized. My Mom was Catholic and wasn't really interested. But since her sister had become one,she decided to give it a look. I was 8 at the time and my Mom was baptized 2 years later. She drug us three kids still at home with her. My youngest brother never "took" and neither did my Dad. My brother and I both married "in" and were raising our children in it. But only one of his children out of the four was baptized, but now is DF. None of my children were indoctrinated enough to take hold of it, thank goodness! My first and second husbands were raised in it too, but their family came in through the door to door work when they children, not born into it.
    Lindy

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Born & Raised - left at 26.

--Michael

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I was forced to go because of my dad, who never was a Jehovah's Witness. He thought it was the truth, but thought he was unworthy to be called a Jehovah's Witness. I left them 10 months ago.

• alamb
    alamb

My parents came in by D2D when I was 4. My mother was just learning English and my father was looking for something non-Mormon. I left at 35.

Religion IS a snare and a racket......

• MuzicmanCa
    MuzicmanCa

I was raised as a JW. Wasn't baptized until I was 18. I thought it would be good to wait until then, plus I wouldn't have been approved for it until then. I wasn't sure why I got baptized at the time, it just seemed like the right "next" thing to do. Once that was done, I stayed until I was df'd at 26 in November of 1999.

Muzicman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit