We finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11

by Mulan 83 Replies latest social current

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks for the clarification on the Senators with children serving. Makes sense.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Of course information is manipulated to entertain. Thanks for that info Yeru.

Both sides do it you know.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Information was not manipulated...Moore lied.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    That isn't the point.

Mulan

Did Moore say how many of these men's children had served and are now released? There is a point IMO and he is skewing the facts.

Cassi

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Bush has two daughters.................and many women are in the military. Do you think for a minute he would allow them to go to Iraq? Many of the members do have children in that age group, including the Senators from my State who are both younger than I am. They aren't in the military.

Whos says they have to be in the Military? Military service is not forced these days! Point being, the people who are making the decisions to go to war HAVE BEEN in WAR! Colon Powell has been through some nasty shit! Kerry was out BBQn the Viet Cong! Both were FOR the war! They dont WANT anyone to be in a combat situation. However, sometimes that what things come to. Once AGAIN, EVERYONE over in Iraq VOLUNTEERED.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

VOLUNTEERED to protect and serve their country, not to be lied to and sent in to combat and killed and wounded for something that was not an immediate threat. I think I'd be pretty pissed too if I found out my president risked my life and allowed teh lives of my friends to be taken over faulty information.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    You that are now canonizing Moore, need to do more leg work on getting facts.

Haven't you learned anything from your trip down the WTS primrose path?

Yes, but there is some truth in there. It isn't all lies.

We aren't stupid, and don't believe everything we see, especially Dave, but much of it is true, and you know it is when you see it.

You can't seriously believe that all of it is lies???

• simplesally
    simplesally

At some point, I do want to see the movie but I will wait for it to come out on DVD.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Like in a WatchTower or Awake Magazine?

We aren't stupid, and don't believe everything we see, especially Dave, but much of it is true, and you know it is when you see it.

You can't seriously believe that all of it is lies???

I thought you'd already exited the Society.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Mulan,

By your own admission you state that there is at least the possibility of falsehood there.

I don't think that it is all lies, but I have seen enough to lose faith in what he says.

Like with the WT, how many times does their prophecy of Armegeddon not have to be fulfilled in order to realize that they are either lying or deluded?

I don't think you or anyone else that believes it is stupid. Michael Moore thinks that of America. He is so proud of that statement that he makes it in England, and not here. Here in the land that gave him the opportunity to write and direct movies.

I look at Moore's films the way I look at JFK, and The Reagans. Nice fiction that have little to do with fact.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit