We finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11

by Mulan 83 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I want to see this movie, but I'm sure things will be sensationalized. I will take it with a grain of salt. I learned my lesson with the Columbine flick.

• patio34
    patio34

FAHRENHEIT 9/11 : "Out of the 535 members of Congress, only one had an enlisted son in Iraq."

• ?Only four of the 535 members of Congress have children in the military; only one, Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., has a child who fought in Iraq.? Kevin Horrigan, ?Hired Guns,? St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 11, 2003.

For a more complete rebuttal, see: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/index.php?id=21

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

patio,

I think it has been clearly demonstrated how Moore has the ability to distort the facts.

Keep trying like a true believer.

LABD

• patio34
    patio34

LABD,

Nothing has been clearly shown anything on this board about Michael Moore. But I'm not here to argue with people like you. The reference and website is there for anyone who's interested in gathering facts. They can look it up in the newspaper there if they'd like.

Pat

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well I for one can't wait to see the movie and I'm going on Sunday. I just finished reading Stupid White Men and it really got me to thinking about how I NEED to be more involved. Time for me to shed that JWism and get active in Politics. I'm new at all this but I'm intrigued to say the least and look forward to becoming a more informed citizen.

Sunnygal:

I'm not voting for either of the damn fools! Neither of them is any better than the other, and I won't put my vote on someone I can't respect and honestly feel good about. As I stated on another thread, I feel that there are too many agendas, graft, corruption, and ass kissing in the American Governmental system. To me, none of them really want to make America better, all they want is money and power.

Terri

I don't blame you, I am not crazy about Kerry but I am less crazy about Bush getting another 4 years to run this country into the ground. I will vote for Kerry just to voice my dislike of Bush the cheater he never should have been President and it's a shame that we as US Citizens let him get away with cheating his way into office. I vow NEVER AGAIN! Terri I just hope you know any vote for anyone other than Kerry is a vote for Bush.

Kate

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    I think I'd be pretty pissed too if I found out my president risked my life and allowed teh lives of my friends to be taken over faulty information.

But you'll never know. Because you won't volunteer.

I think, Simon, that those who oppose the war are traitors to humanity and basic decency and are beneath contempt.

CZAR

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Keep trying like a true believer.

What's that scripture about removing the rafter from one's own eye? lol

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

One of the clever editing segments Moore does is when he approaches a Senator and asks if he would sign a petition to get all Senators to enlist their kids. What Moore cuts is the response where the Senator actually agrees and the Senator mentioning that he has 2 Nephews in Iraq and 1 in Afganistan. Instead Moore concludes the segment saying NO Senators want their kids in Iraq and only 1 has children over there.

Anyway, its too bad Moore did so much deceptive editing. I think aside from that his message is right on the mark.

• Richie
    Richie

Liberal lies in political and policy debates are so prevalent that they have become hard to remember and, over time, even harder to disprove. Unfortunately, lies repeated often and vigorously enough, without rebuttal, become a liberal "truth" to an uninformed public. From the time people wake up until they go to bed, they are fed liberal lies propagated by Holywood and a liberal press. To them, the end justifies the means, so what's a little lying when it comes to power. Only after the veneer of lies has been stripped away can some of problems that face society be dealt with effectively. And that is exactly what Michael Moore has done to the liberal mindset. That people actually go so far as believing that this movie has a tiny ounce of truth in it, is beyond belief....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Michael Moore is such a schmucky fellow, even if he wasn't a filmmaker or celebrity. When he was in high school he was such a loner... he protested the prom and wanted it to be canceled because it was elitist. scheeesch...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit