What do you do when you have no family?

by talesin 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Tale,

I just logged on from up here in Alaska and see that you are going through some JW hell. Please accept my heart-felt sympathies and hopes that your mother will pull through. In spite of your JW relatives, she will appreciate what you have done and it just may shock one or two of the rest into seeing how stupid the shunning thing is. I can only offer a few electronic huggs..((((((((talespin)))))))).

carmel

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

{{{{Talesin}}}}
    You and your mom are in my thoughts.I'm so glad you decided to visit her, and that you took her some tea (that was so thoughtful of you-and I'm sure a comfort to her):)

I hope she is feeling much better now, and you, too.

Take Care,
    Cicatrix

• talesin
    talesin

Thank you all so much!

I was feeling stupid and weak for being such a sissy-poo crybaby, but after reading the thread again, and my PMs, I'm glad I reached out to you all.

She is stable, still don't know what will happen. We'll see, but I feel much stronger now that I know I am not really alone.

I will be eternally grateful for all that good energy flowing my way, sent by you folks here at JWD.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hi Jen,

I'm sorry to read about this trying situation you're in! I am glad to read that your mom is stable. Hopefully, this will all work out.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi (((((talesin)))))

I'm so sorry you and your mother are suffering this way! But I'm glad things calmed down some and you were able to have her to yourself after awhile...that must have felt very good. Also good to hear of your various family members who have shown compassion and family love to you at this time!

It's wonderful when the human spirit overshadows the mean JW spirit.

All kinds of positive energy and well wishes coming your mother's way and to you talesin!

• shamus
    shamus

(((Talesin)))

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((((((((Tal))))))))))))))

• Mary
    Mary

((((((Talesin))))))))).............I really hope your mom pulls through..........don't let the JW relatives get you down. They like to think that they have more "authority" over the situation than you simply because they're Dubs, but they don't. You're her daughter, not them so if any of them gives you a hard time, just punch them in the face....you'll feel much better.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tal ... Jen, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread until now. Please know all my thoughts and prayers are with you right now.

Chris

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Talesin)))))

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I haven't got much to add in the way of advice, but I CAN send my love and my hopes that you will continue to be at her side as a comfort for her.

The fact that you have already had the chance to be there with her is great! There should be NO reason that you shouldn't be there other than hospital rules---not JW ones. Family members can be extremely cruel. When one Grandmother died---my Mother sent the clipping from the obituary in the paper---and that was all. I never knew she was sick or in the hospital. No chance to send a card or flowers, or attend the calling hours.

When my other Grandmother died, I got a letter to her sent back from her Nursing home (I had been writing to her about once a month for YEARS, and always visited her when I was in MA) and I thought it was a mistake that said she was "deceased". She had passed two weeks before......and again, I had no knowledge of it and couldn't send flowers, etc.

My Mother died two and a half years ago, and my cousin called me that same night, but my Father had told her that I was not welcome at the funeral. My parents hadn't been civil to me since I was baptized as a JW in 1972. They finally stopped speaking or writing to me after 1974 when we moved to NY---they said I had "broken the family up" by moving with my husband and five kids---whatever. I knew it was an excuse (in their minds) to blame me for being a JW.

They never acknowledged my letters of apology for my mistake of being baptized, so I know how nasty some "loving" family members can be! Despite your turmoil and having to face whatever jerks you have to face at the hospital---at least you got to BE with your Mom----and I'm soooo glad it worked out for you!

I know you're bogged down right now---probably physically and emotionally---but please feel free to PM me ANY TIME if you want to scream-holler-vent-cry-or throw a tantrum.....I have strong shoulders and a lot of tea! (As you can see-I keep it right next to me!)

Sending along big hugs for you and your Mom,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit