Are women more beautiful than men?

by Vita Nuova 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

All things being being equal, is the feminine gender endowed with more trancendent beauty than the masculine? Before sending any stock replies like, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," let me just say that I acknowledge some degree of relative beauty insofar as man and woman bear their own distinctive perfections. But consider specifically which sex seems to bear more inherent grace to the end that it inspires our sense of harmony and desire to be more perfect ourselves. All this considered, personally I think the masculine sex has nothing comparable to this...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My judgement is biased because I am a heterosexual male - but I truly do believe that women have more inherent beauty, grace , style and tenderness than men - I truly appreciate femine beauty. Men ar enever beautiful - some may be hanndsome - but not beautiful

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Mathematically women have a more centered center of gravity, which makes them more graceful and better dancers. Also they have boobies which all of us are attracted to by pure instinct. Generally they have less hair on thier bodies and seem less animal and more human.

but screw all all of that, they are just puuurrty.

SD

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    My judgement is biased because I am a heterosexual male

There is no such thing as an ugly woman, or a beautiful male. Because I am a heterosexual male this is a belief I that will be with me until the day I die. Now as far as personality is concerned, men and women can both become terribly ugly at times. Bug

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

women are definitely just better looking as a general rule

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My judgement is biased because I'm a lesbian woman...

not only yes, but hell yes, women are more beautiful, sexier, nurturing, the list goes on. Now thats a generalization. Add to that the same foibles and personality flaws that both genders have and you then narrow down the truly beautiful (imo) to those that are beautiful souls. Beautiful souls come in all packages, male and female.

Sherry

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that many women appreciate the beauty of another naked woman, even if there's no lust involved. This is not true of men. From a purely aesthetic standpoing there is nothing like a beautiful woman. The famous statue of David is considered to be the high-water mark of masculine beauty as presented in art, and while I do appreciate its beauty, it isn't anything that leaves me in awe the way a nice nekkid pic of a beautiful woman does.

I find it interesting, and don't believe that it's by accident, that two of the most dominant shapes of Americana, the Chevrolet Corvette and the Fender Stratocaster, have obvious curvy (i.e) feminine lines.

alt

alt

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Women are most definitely the better looking of the genders. This is easy for me to say because I am male. I am sure that women have their own point of view. But this same fact would exist in both genders, this would be the fact that more and more, are losing their "inner beauty", and have become more self-centered, and unkind..............what a pitiful world.

Confused

Brownboy

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

I've wondered about your question many times. I am completely hetersexual, however, I find many, many women amazingly beautiful. I am very comfortable openly admiring a woman's form. I guess being an artist I've always had a preference for the fluid, curving forms. Cubism is IMO one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Now,allow me to say, that there are many mighty fine morsels of maleness out there. But that form is more hard and angular, not my favorite visual.

Think of your favorite form of architecture: Mine always revolves around ones with circular and curving structures. Moscow, India, Morocco.....to name a few.

~Snapdragon

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Snap Dragon is my new "favorite" person............great line. I am into Art, Architecture, Photography, and Music. I enjoy beauty in all aspects.........I would love to see your work sometime, SnapDragon. (By the way, is this name after the movie with Pamela Anderson?)

Love Sick

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit