What's your most annoying phrase?

by ozziepost 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Piph
    Piph

"Whatnot"

"Believe you me"

"as it were"

"please feel free..."

One thing I say that I'm surprised I haven't had more complaints about is an incredulous "REALLY??" when someone tells me something interesting. And I actually wait for them to reaffirm themselves.

I also tend to start lots of sentances with "Well..." Kind of drives me nuts when I think about it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Online, things like LOLOLOLOLOL. LOL means "laughing out loud"; use it if you must but sparingly. What the hell is LOLOLOLOLOL supposed to mean?

Yep, this has been one of my biggest irks since first getting on line. Followed closely by LMAO. Just how many a$$es do they have or is the original one detachable and easily put back where it belongs?

I say haha for that was funny. I say hahahaha for wow, that was really funny. I say hahahahahahahahahahaha if it was so funny it knocked me off my chair. I just personally like the sound of that better.

Flyin'

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    It always bothered me when people say, "I could care less...". Shouldn't it be "I couldn't care less..."?

Amen!! This irritates the hell outta me. You are right on the money with this. In fact last night I saw a guy with the phrase "I could f'n care less". So I went in to a long ramble about how if you COULD care less than that means you actually care, whereas if you COULDNT care less than you dont care at all. Needless to say he didnt find it to amusing :)

Another thing I say is the word TIRED, except that I pronounce it with a very thick southern accent, so I always say TUUAARD.

• bem
    bem

# 1 Most annoying for me is Brain F-a-r-t. Flyinhi' I so agree with you on that second word eeek ! Kids really abuse that word.

Kids where I work say "Dude"..."Sweet"...."my bad"<----I use that one...."cracker"....for everyone ,most here are native american they just heard the word and use it they have no idea what it means....when they ask for change they need 50 cent....not cents.

Then theres "I gurantee" an uncle can't make it through a sentence with-out saying that.

I say "whatever" too much.

" I told you so" is rude... oops sorry! condescending.

I had to break the habit of saying "more or less". too many people asked me exactly what it meant. I had no answer that didn't confuse more.

LOL Doodle---- lots of words in the intereview no information.

4JWY....funny response' you made me laugh.

OH and the girl I work with seems to either get in bed or out of bed at the "buttcrackofdawn" one or the other every day.

• betty boop
    betty boop

Thats funny bern. Ive heard people correct me when i say the rappers name fifty cents they say no it Fitty Cent..im like ?? but when i think about it saying fifty sounds too eloquent.

I also hate it when people say F***ing A!! what does that mean...

or Uh-Huh alot

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    # 1 Most annoying for me is Brain F-a-r-t. Flyinhi' I so agree with you on that second word eeek ! Kids really abuse that word.

I know a lot of girls at work who are in their twenties who use f-a-r-t freely like it's nothing. I'm not a stick in the mud by any stretch; however I am very glad that my mother did teach us children some manners. She taught us girls to be ladylike as well. I'm not always ladylike about everything, but I am ladylike about that kind of thing. At work if I need to "go" I always tell them I need to go powder my nose. It just sounds nicer than I have to go pee. They all smile and get a kick out of me and my southern belle manners.

Flyin'

• blondie
    blondie

my bad

girlfriend

• Corvin
    Corvin

How dare you, Stephanie!

pull my finger!

"Pull my finger" is a respected classic and NEVER EVER goes out of style.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

"like ahhhhhh"

"sweet"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sweet -- also my biggest annoying phrase - -everything I do at work - sweet --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit