What's your most annoying phrase?

by ozziepost 77 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You know those people who pepper their conversations with phrases that were fashionable once but now - it's just plain annoying!

Probably the phrases travel the world. Let's see.

How about:

"At the end of the day"

"The bottom line is"

"At this moment in time"

"one stop shop"

"helicopter view"

or how about the frequent use of the word "like" as a form of punctuation.

So what are your pet hates? What phrases are the most annoying?

Ozzie

• AlanF
    AlanF

Well, like, you know, the bottom line, at the end of the day and this moment of time, is that "one stop shop" don't give you a helicopter view. I mean, like, you know?

AlanF

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I use alot of Southern phrases that no one ever seems to understand like "harder than dick's old hat band" and "what in tarnations?"

Those phrases really annoy the heck outta me, but I cant stop, they just pop outta my mouth without me even noticing, like "surprise!"

Also I say 'Oi Vay' all the time. I think it's a habit I picked up from my dad. I like it, but it annoys the hell outta my friends

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

My phrases won´t make any sense for you. But when I speak english, and thats not often, I tend to use the f word a lot. It´s probably ´cause I´ve learn most of my english watching Eddie Murphys, Raw. It was the only film I had without subtitles.

• Huxley
    Huxley

"It's all good."

No it isn't, and the phrase, "...on the same page." needs to be taken out and shot.

Huxley

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Talk to the hand.

• blondie
    blondie

you know, you know, you know, you know

You know, I have to stop using that phrase, you know.

Blondie

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Gag me with a spoon Seems to have been retired though.

"A durrrrrrrrr" ( being done with the hand motion that many use now also just irritates me.

"You know what I'm saying", used over and over in about three sentences peppered with what one is trying to relay.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I like to say "oak-ski doak-ski" for "okay"....been saying that since my teens.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

pull my finger!

I hate hearing people say that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit