• qwerty
    qwerty

Simon

Shouldn't that be........

Authentication?

Qwerty

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I think "my bad" is supposed to mean, "sorry about that, my fault". It bugs me too.

What about "it's not the heat, it's the humidity".

• thunderbirdsareno?
    thunderbirdsareno?

i do some annoying ones.

crunkulate... ridamndiculous, occasionally rigoddamndiculous...i say oh boy oh boy a lot which is creepy because my grandma says it all the time.

the phrases that really get me are the stupid ad slogans from mcdonalds and such. "did somebody say mcdonalds?" or "i'm lovin' it" makes me want to kill.

You're never fully dressed without a smile! that one takes the cake.

takes the cake. haha o man.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Ok - here's my collection:

" Know what I mean? " - usually tagged on to the end of every phrase by Scottish people.

" Holistic overview "

" Paradigm shift "

" Blue sky thinking "

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

In New Orleans we say "it's not the heat, it's the stupidity." Gotta love it!

I have a co-worker who has a phrase she uses repeatedly for at least a month:

What could I do?! It was a gong show. Yes-Indeed!

I also hate "it's on the radar screen"

My mom used to end every sentence with "and everything so." I wanted to say to her : Don't they teach you how be a public speaker??!!?!?!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One of the most annoying phrases that bugs me is when someone says the word' No Problem or no problemo. That drives me crackers.

Orangefatcat.

• chappy
    chappy

I hate it when someone wants to ax me a question. I also hate the new way word meanings are twisted around: "Hey man that's a sick looking car you have!" "Sick" now means nice looking. One other thing, a whore is a whore, not a Ho. Go figure. Stick a sock in it. Past Due. System Failure.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

"truly"

What is "We truly love you" supposed to mean? Either you love someone or you do not. What is the "truly" crap about?

Marvin Shilmer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    A new one that I hear kids say ... and I still don't get it ... "My bad!"

I think people used to say: mind bat and it evolved to my bad. Mind bat would be like bats in the belfrey. You know? A bat flying around in your head might make your thinking a process a bit messed up.

Tonight my fiance's mother kept saying,"That really rots my socks." All I can say is that doesn't bring a pretty picture to my mind.

Oh and I hate the word. F-A-R-T. It's so vulgar sounding, especially when a woman says it. I grew up with four brothers who constantly said it or were doing it and I just find it very uncouth.

I used to hate it when people would say umble instead of humble. Then I read that its an accepted pronunciation in a dictionary. I realized it's like most of us saying erb for the word herb. I think that practice probably began in England with the cockney H dropping.

Flyin'

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

A few more have just come to me:

People who say "h- e- double hockey sticks" when they mean "hell" because they think "hell" is a rude word and that their version of it is somehow endearing or not nauseating. Fortunately I've never come across this phrase in real life, only online so I assume it's just an American thing.

The ITV Formula 1 commentators who say "sickth" when they mean "sixth". They do it every single time!

"Surfing the Internet"/"Information superhighway"/anything beginning with "cyber-" - all overused and outdated.

Obviously anybody who puts an apostrophe before an s to make a plural.

Online, things like LOLOLOLOLOL. LOL means "laughing out loud"; use it if you must but sparingly. What the hell is LOLOLOLOLOL supposed to mean?

That's all for now but I'm sure I'll be back...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit