What's your most annoying phrase?

by ozziepost 77 Replies latest jw friends

• New Castles
    New Castles

My mother is constantly saying: "Get the hell outta here..."

I hate it! and my best friend says Dude just way too many times...

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

OH OH OH I forgot...." Do you want to conversate" or I wanna conversate with you

• Soledad
    Soledad

I hate that "knowwhatimsayin" bull. It sounds awful!!

One that has bothered me for years is the term "null and void" WTF? It's either null or it's void, not both!!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Like.. oh my gawd, Sheila! I was just going to write that when I read your post..hehheh.

I hate:

Kitschy (not sure if I spelled that right). My husband says it and I told him it sounds like he's an interior designer or something.

Twitterpated. <grrrrr... ROWF!>

Absolutely! or Abso-f__king lutely!

"Thinking outside the box." What damn BOX? and.. if I find it can I kick your butt?

"There is no I in team" (no, but there is in " Lemme Kick Your Ass!")

"Work smarter, not harder." <slap!>

Micro-managing.

Country Girl

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I have to share this story -

...this is a newspaper clipping that I carried in my Bible for several months when I had become SO annoyed at a certain elder's usage of the word, APPRECIATE, in his talks, prayers over the years. I had started to do a checklist during his parts of how many times he used the word - in just one 5 minute part, it was used 18 times! Clipping made me realize that it wasn't only me!

Feb. 2002 WORD HATING MAN SENTENCED

Galveston, Texas (AP) - A man who becomes upset when he hears certain words was sentenced to six years in prison for shooting his girlfriend because he thought she was about to say "New Jersey".

Thomas Ray Mitchell, 54, was convicted earlier this month of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for shooting Barbara Jenkins outside his apartment in March 1999. He faced up to 20 years.

Jenkins died recently but it was not connected to her injuries from the shootings.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Am I the only one who misunderstood this for years as "For all intensive purposes"?

New Light,

No--I'm another one. It wasn't until I saw it spelled out did I realize what was what!

My alltime iriitating remark was "believe you me".....it made my teeth grind when I heard it! Thank goodness that it's seldom used any more.

Another that IS used ALL the time---is JOOLERY for jewelry. UGH! There's a lady on TV thats saying it NOW!

Chloe---I LOVE your avatar!!

hugs,
    Annie

• TonyT
    TonyT

I know its already been posted but I have to go with "It's all good", naturally being used when the situation sucks.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I agree with a previous post about "I could care less" when it is "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, then you care some....???? If I couldn't care less, then that is bottom barrel not caring.

The latest one that for some reason irritates me big time is "My bad."

Aggghhhhh!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

A new one that I hear kids say ... and I still don't get it ... "My bad!" What in the world does that mean? I understand the context that they use it in, but it still makes no sense.

Other ones I hate that I grew up with:

• You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl! <makes me cringe>
    • Let's get out of this fire trap! (fire is pronounced 'far' when you say it)
  • Simon
    Simon

Ok, a bit techie:

I hate when people say "Athentification". There is no such word, it's "Athentication" !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit