Invitation To Americans To Find Fault With The British..

by Englishman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• ros
    ros

Why would I want to find fault with another country? That wouldn't be very polite. :-)

~Rosalie

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Lol, how could you ever hate Britain? England especially.... darn i love this place! I love the people, the green grass and just the whole place! Grr... and the majority of us do not speak like the queen... my accent could not be further from that being a yorkshire girl n'all

Oh and sorry for the poor cuisine... if we put a mcdonalds on every street corner would that be more to your liking

xLaurax

• talesin
    talesin

:: Scottish is British

OMG, run and hide! Where are the Scots?

What is up with that steak and kidney pie? mutton? (blecch) I gotta say, british food just doesn't do much for me, with the rare exception (fish'n'chips, trifle).

Farkel,

Actually, the Brits shipped the French down to Louisiana, thus the term "Cajun", derived from "Acadian", the french of eastern Canada, or what the French called "L'Acadie".

In the War of 1812, we (with the help of our Native American brothers) did route the damn Yankees from Upper Canada, though! :D

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

auntfanny,

That was such a great description of the subtle savagery of British social life.

• Celtic
    Celtic

You can stick ruddy Mc shite back where it came from.

Now, Geography. There be Britain, Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall, oh and ruddy England. England's border runs to the edge of Scotland, Wales and Cornwall, the Welsh and the Cornish are cousins. The Scots are another country way up north from down ere in Cornwall, so can't speak for what they do up in them there foreign parts. The Welsh no like the English, the Cornish just have to put up with them, ruddy emmets, the English that is. The Scots love themselves only which is fine by us Celts further sou'west. We don't mind them, cos they don't particularly love the English either. But we are all British. Now does that make perfect sense or not? Celtic sighs exasperated. Like talking to ruddy bunch o dumbasses.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Clarification:

WE DO NOT EAT KIDNEY PUDDING.

WE EAT STEAK & KIDNEY PUDDING.

We do of course have the famous, but much less healthy, Full English Breakfast!

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oops...

Forget the famous

Englishman.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

er...you mean fish,chips and newspaper ink.

• Celtic
    Celtic

What about the ruddy Pasty you food rascist you? Pahhhhhhhh, ruddy foreigners / emmets.

• patio34
    patio34

Mmmm, yummy, E-man. We had

a few times in London.

Once, we ate outside (because the pub was full for a soccer game!) in the under an eave---but the chicken pot pie we ate was scrumptious and tasted all the better because of being in the rain!

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit