Invitation To Americans To Find Fault With The British..

by Englishman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The only "fault" I can find is how you name some of your foods. CLOTTED cream, SPOTTED DICK, DIGESTIVE Biscuits, just to name a couple, sounds to me a little unappetizing. I did try Clotted cream several months back though, and have since been hooked on it. Yummy!!!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I suppose the concept of a bright red uniform with a white x over the solar plexus being considered the height of military practicality struck me as being a bit odd, even in an era of smoothbore musketfire. I mean, I know you guys went looking for a fight, but is it really necessary to run THAT much of a dare?

The harsh Treaty of Versailles was rather self-defeating; but that was mostly France I suppose.

You guys have hundreds of castles just lying around the country. It seems untidy.

The whole thing at Culloden where the Duke of Cumberland (I think) had his men stab every Scot that was on his LEFT as opposed to the FRONT surprised the hell out of a few of my ancestors, I think. That's a sticky wicket, what what?

Seven Words that Scare the Shite out of Any American that Recalls the Summer of Spice: Ambassador To The United Nations Geri Halliwell...

CZAR

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Here's another vote for the food.

Haggis - That stuff is nasty.
    Spotted Dick - Where did that name come from?

Devon

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Simon says,

We like real beer like budweiser, coors, erm ... Boddingtons

Another British myth: the belief that Americans drink Bud and Coors ... well, we do drink them, sort of. We poor them over our heads to wash off the sweat. Truth is, Americans are in love with micro brews, pivate stock, and off brand rich lagers ... and of course, Californians love Yuppie Beers ( that is, some form of French sissy stuff with a fancy label that makes them feel special.) Still, I would love to try a Boddingtons.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yeah you Brits don't celebrate the 4th of July

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

they smell funny.

• Panda
    Panda

I've got relatives in Britain so I must go with the lack of dental care. I thought socialized medicine would take care of that... Oh and very boring food EXCEPT I love trifle (that's English right?) and scones... and I was brought up on hot tea ... morning tea, afternoon tea , which I always considered British even though it came from China and India (which also used to be partially British too.)

I'm not really bashing am I? I even think Tony Blair is cute. Historically I'd say that any country that gets over a revolution and gets to be best friends with its own ex-pats ... how can you bash that?

Oh and what about Crufts !!! you cannot bash Crufts... see I am unable by blood ties to Bash the Brits

• jukief
    jukief

They're way too witty and charming.

• Badger
    Badger

None here...the Brits are all good. We only had problems with them once, and we settled that 228 years ago today.

(1812 doesn't count...that was the Canadians' fault, anyway

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

They speak something called English, which I rarely understand. Why can't they be like the rest of the world and speak AMERICAN!

Do I make you randy baby?

SD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit