Should Saddam Be Executed If Found Guilty?

by Englishman 65 Replies latest social current

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

My opinion - I think he should be terminated. Why pay to house, feed and clothe a creature such as this, when we can't feed and clothe everyone in our own countries, or third world countries?!! I say creature, because I don't rate him any higher than a cockroach, which I would have no qualms in crushing underfoot.

As regards governments not having the authority to terminate life - why not ?? Isn't death, or the threat of it, the ultimate authority ??

Bull! (of the Hang em High by thier gonads class)

• Simon
    Simon

Slightly off-topic:

I think putting him in bad-fitting civilian clothes is a mistake. It may be intended to humiliate him BUT it makes him look like a sad pathetic old man. A bit like a vagrant even, especially as he's lost a lot of weight.

It would have been better IMO to have him in military uniform.

As for being executed? I think it will be inevitable. As long as the reasons are clear though and the due process of law is carried out, a fair trial is conducted and access to proper legal defence is had then I think the death penalty is suitable for certain crimes.

It should not be mob-rule or even done to give in to the mob though.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the state performing the ultimate act of violence when it legally kills someone

We could say too that the state is performing an act of violence whenever it punishes someone.

For every crime, there's a punishment, like it or not that's the way an ordered society operates. Without it the society is diluted.

The problem of course with capital punishment is that mistakes in judgment can and have been made. Hence I underlined my preliminary phrase "If found guilty". That's a big "IF" IMO.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The death sentence would be MORE than justified in his case, however, I think justice would be better served if he were left in a dirty prison and fed bread and water only for the rest of his natural life.

• Simon
    Simon

To have a proper justice system it needs to begine with the presumtion of innocence. You cannot just declare someone guilty and execute them.

That may pass as justice for some but it doesn't cut it for most civilised people.

• Englishman
    Englishman

So, if legalised killing by the government is acceptable, how do you feel about the less violent sentence of corporal punishment?

Englishman.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: how do you feel about the less violent sentence of corporal punishment?

A.: What's all this talk about punishing the corporals? Shouldn't the lieutenants and sergeants be punished too?

But seriously folks, I think it would be nice if Devil's Island was still operational as a penal colony.

I guess the vaginal colony would have to be elsewhere, or passions would run wild.

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

He should be put to death. Putting him in prision for the rest of his life will only cost money in the long run and we all know he won't be fed bread and water, etc. Be done with it.

• Englishman
    Englishman

If Saddam DOES get the death penalty, let's all pray that Beckham doesn't take it.

Englishman.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I know *this* opinion won't be very popular.. but I think until justice can be perfected, and there is NO CHANCE that a person is not guilty, the death penalty (at least in this country) should be suspended indefinitely. Too many people on Death Row have been proclaimed innocent after DNA evidence was submitted. I am for the death penalty, but only if perfect evidence shows that the individual is, beyond *all* doubt, guilty. I'm not against executing the guilty, but against executing the possible innocent. Yikes! Otherwise, hang em high!

Of, that was a bit off topic, because I am sure there are photographs, video footage, written papers signed by Sadam, etc., that evidence his monstrous killing career.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit