Should Saddam Be Executed If Found Guilty?

by Englishman 65 Replies latest social current

• Maya
    Maya

uh.....seattle.........

Catch up on recent events......will ya??

Saddam is NO LONGER in U.S. custody..........

He is technically in the hands of the IRAQI government............

although still in a prison RUN by the US military........

If the IRAQI'S choose to put him to death for his atrocious actions, that he committed in IRAQ.........why should ANY ONE ELSE'S view point matter???????

• Englishman
    Englishman

Maya,

Ex-pats link was useful:

Englishman

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No. I am for surgically removing his arms and legs, then sentencing him to 25 years as the door stop for the front door at the US Embassy in Iraq...

"If we execute murderers and there is in fact no deterrent effect, we have killed a bunch of murderers. If we fail to execute murderers, and doing so would in fact have deterred other murders, we have allowed the killing of a bunch of innocent victims. I would much rather risk the former. This, to me, is not a tough call."

John McAdams - Marquette University/Department of Political Science, on deterrence

?It's because I have so much regard for human life that I favor capital punishment. Murder is the most terrible crime there is. Anything less than the death penalty is an insult to the victim and society. It says?that we don't value the victim's life enough to punish the killer fully." - Mike Royko

• Maya
    Maya

I will say this for the last time.........

This is NOT about VENGEANCE..........okay?? everybody got that???

This is about INSURANCE.............

Because, once again I say, as long as he is ALIVE.......there will ALWAYS be a "group" or "groups" of his followers who will stop at NOTHING to FREE him.........

and, that CANNOT be allowed to happen..........why??

Well.........the best predictor of FUTURE behavior is PAST behavior.............

So........it stands to reason..........that if he were to get OUT of prison......he would NOT hesitate to try and claim the Iraqi presidency once again........

and, gee.............we can all see how that worked out the LAST TIME............

and....once again I say.........

He is in the hands of the IRAQI government now.............and......since his atrocities were committed against IRAQIS...........then........it stands to reason......that the IRAQI government should decide what his ultimate punishment should be.

• wednesday
    wednesday

let us pray that he Araqui people will totally ignore all the Bs about why a sadistic criminal like saddam should not be put to death, and just put this man to death. Here in the states, people are not tortured to death. they are just quietly terminated. . It says something about a society that is willing to allow horrible crminals to continue to live and drain the states resurces. I should not have to pay to support a criminal for the rest of his unatural life. I do not find the lethal injection method, generally practiced here in the states, as torture, and may be actually more humane than allowing someone to "rot to death".

of course many do not agree, it has been an ongoing debate for a long time. And i don't see my view as 'blood thirty". I do not want torture, just death.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I believe the right to self defense exists.

I believe there is a moral difference between the person who initiates violence against an innocent and the person who uses violence to defend the oppressed.

Just as individuals have the right to defend themselves, so do groups of individuals. Society has a right to protect itself from predators and agressors.

Fortunately for all the nice guys, there are people who recognize this need and make it possible for gentle guys to show off how sweet they can be. While the compassionate guys sit around the campfire singing "Kumbaiyah," the real guys patrol the perimeter.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Maya:

I will say this for the last time.........

This is NOT about VENGEANCE..........okay?? everybody got that???

This is about INSURANCE.............

Maya, my friend I don't think that will work too well, lol.

Just cause you or I say anything -- doesn't make it so. As far as Vengeance...there may be a little different viewpoint expressed by anyone who has lost loved ones to Saddam killing spree...even coalition soldiers families.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mike, I feel the same as you. If he is to be put to death however, let it be by the family members of those he killed. "an eye for an eye" If they can't do it, then let him rot in prison.

• Gerard
    Gerard

How about a lobotomy (in case he "escapes") followed by life-sentence in a secret dark/humid/stinky prison?

• Maya
    Maya

Rabbit........thank you........

I thought I was making it CLEAR that I was expressing MY OWN view point........

apparently not............

I should have inserted "FOR ME" quite a few times....but, alas.........I am guilty of assuming that everyone knew it just was my OWN VIEW...........

I KNEW I should've stayed away from this f*cking thread...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit