Why is there death and suffering?

by hooberus 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Contradictions in the bible, once i could fearlessly see them for what they really were - contradictions.

any favorites?

Is the jesus spirit floating around somewhere? Don't know. I thought i saw jesus, once, on his throne. Was it real, or a group projection? I do know that the spirit of my dead brother is around, because i saw it/sensed it much more clearly and strongly than the jesus image.

so do you then believe in a spirit dimension (in addition to the physical fleshly world)?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I'm thinking of a God.

What God?

The God in the heavens.

What heavens?

The heavens above.

Above what?

Hell!

Hell .............if I know it could be a commode.

*slaps herself back to reality*

Then I think of what our late President Clinton said, his famous words, "Because I could." And that my dear friends is what God is saying about death and suffering..........."because I could."

We are all just pawns in his fish bowl, an experiment gone bad like the spoiled meat you forgot to take out of the frig......yeah that freaking green stuff with the fur on it that stinks. That's what we are, forgotten meat.........rotting on this planet called Earth.

God? Can you hear me now? It's Kate, again.........

• Farkel
    Farkel

Idiots pissing upwind and having their own piss blow back in their face and even then remaining totally clueless.

There is "death and suffering" because "there is death and suffering." What part of this FACT is so hard for you people to understand? You might as well ask if God can make a rock so big he cannot lift it. If he can't, he's not all powerful ' cause he can't make it. If he can, he's not all powerful 'cause he can't lift it.

Simply amazing. You must all be teenagers.

Farkel

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Farkel!!

There is "death and suffering" because "there is death and suffering." What part of this FACT is so hard for you people to understand? You might as well ask if God can make a rock so big he cannot lift it. If he can't, he's not all powerful ' cause he can't make it. If he can, he's not all powerful 'cause he can't lift it.

Hey I thought I said that! Awww you are so much more eloquent than I.

Kate

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    FBF : Sometimes one or the other, sometimes both, (anyway they are related) I'm human ... I won't deny that ... And I really like to share with people in a way or an other ... ALL TOGETHER ! And you ?
    MarkFC : I'll let you decide that for yourself based on my posts

MarkFC : SO what was the purpose of all this ? ... You want us to know YOU ARE BETTER ? (ok, if it makes you feel good, I have nothing against you anyway) ... but thank you for the demonstration, where is the difference somehow ? A more sneaky strategy to get to same point : BEING HUMAN as a HUMAN BEING. What do you expect us (or me especially) to understand here ? ... Maybe you want me to change ? ... why ? ... Everybody have to be PERFECT ? What is perfection by the Way (not the IDEAL one - but the REAL one) ? Does it hurt you the way I am ? ... Let me/we be myself/ourselves please (at least when people express themselfves - and we are not stupid and can all read in between the lines, and we will survive )

and again :

sometimes the real question is not in the question ... means that the real interest is not in what we seems to talk about ...

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    MarkFC : SO what was the purpose of all this ? ... You want us to know YOU ARE BETTER ? (ok, if it makes you feel good, I have nothing against you anyway) ... but thank you for the demonstration, where is the difference somehow ? A more sneaky strategy to get to same point : BEING HUMAN as a HUMAN BEING. What do you expect us (or me especially) to understand here ? ... Maybe you want me to change ? ... why ? ... Everybody have to be PERFECT ? What is perfection by the Way (not the IDEAL one - but the REAL one) ? Does it hurt you the way I am ? ... Let me/we be myself/ourselves please (at least when people express themselfves - and we are not stupid and can all read in between the lines, and we will survive )

What's the purpose? I guess its just that I like to make points like this, like other people like to talk about their subjects of interests. I make these kinds of points because I don't see other people doing it so much, therefore I think it adds to the conversation.

As for what the point itself is, I thought we already went over that. But I think on a board like this where a lot of people have been influenced by being a JW, self awareness is helpful. The most basic thing about self awareness in conversation happens to be being aware that its actually revolved around yourself, when the topic under discussion is really secondary. Since people here want to get over of the JW self, in effect re-creating themselves, you need to first be aware that theres the tendancy to support the self as opposed to looking at what that self is made up of and working with it. This is essentially a defensive attitude and just doesn't help if you want to change.

But you know what, I don't care if you want to change or not - it just so happens a lot of people here do want to change from being a JW or are in the process of changing. Do my posts somehow not allow you and others to be yourself? I am talking about self in general, but what you do with that information is up to you isn't it? This all started with a post I made which was not directed at anyone in particular, but you started questioning me about my intent. I didn't even say anything to you until you started talking to me directly, and somehow I don't let people express themselves or I think people are stupid? You are welcome to express yourself, even if its speculation about my intent - just don't expect me to be interested in that. I think you get to know someone and what they think about things by just talking about those things, so I am not that interested in talking about you and me, or what I think about myself or what I think about you. I don't really spend time thinking that way, to me this observation of human behavior is totally impersonal.

By the way, just in case theres any confusion I trust you understand when I say things like "you need to first be aware" I don't mean you personally, its just a manner of speaking. Now if you actually want to discuss any of the points here by all means, but don't expect me to reply to these random questions about what you think my intent is.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Ok on the topic: I think it was Satanus that mentioned Buddhism, and while I'm not a Buddhist nor am I going to talk about those particular ideas I think this would be along the same lines.

From an impersonal perspective, just on the phenomena of death and suffering, it can be viewed as an expression of freedom. Death is freedom from the particular form of life that existed before, and suffering is when you are caught in that particular form, recycling it past the point where it has gotten old and stagnant.

So in a way you can just look at it on a matter of scale. Of course to the individual person their death in the usual sense would suck, but then again our cells die all the time and renew themselves, in effect renewing our body. Also we might apply this to the mental sphere, there is the death of an old way of thinking that is refreshing and freeing, but if you are still identified say in the sense of being a JW that is very threatening. So it kind of depends on your perspective, and where there is self. If you think a particular form is your self, then of course any change would threaten that identity - and that struggle of 'self' against change would cause you to suffer.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    MarkFC : But I think on a board like this

Ok in résume : you think, he thinks, she thinks, they thinks, I think ... WE ALL JUST DO in the way we are or want ...

Edited to add : unless someone is breaking the board rules ... not your business ... We Take care of ourselfves

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So Frankie, you are saying both the woman (Catherine Zeta-Jones?) and the fish are delicious. Hear , Hear - totally agree Man made God in his image Hooberus

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why is there death and suffering?

Evolution:

If death had no Suffering then people would not evolve they would die too soon. If Death was something to hope for and yearn for we would all find excusses to die because we would like it,, stange as that may seem. But inorder for evolution to keep working,, Death has to be something "normally" that we do not want,, thus something we try to avoid.

That can be one reason why there is(( Death + Suffering)) as aposed to just (Suffering with no Death) or (Death with no Suffering). Think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit