Why is there death and suffering?

by hooberus 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

yup. I feel that if I can just get one good f*ck in before I die, it will all have been worth it.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Okay French, let me put it in context. A few days ago I made a post wherein I made the point that a lot of arguments is not about the subject under consideration, its about the people - or to use a word that doesn't sound so nice, its ego. This does not have to be a heated argument where people start calling names and such, but I think its useful to point out for the purpose of meaningful communication. In other words, are we really talking about the subject and here to explore it together, or are we here to talk about me and my point of view? I don't say that to imply sharing one's own view is bad, but I do appreciate it when people recognize that and even say it up front as many of the users on this forum often do.
    The significance is if we are here to talk about the topic, we would be willing to explore different ideas to get into it deeper - which we can do without believing in them. Anyone who wants to see if a certain view on a given subject makes sense must be willing to consider if this possibility is true, and then what, and so on. On the other hand, if we are just here to talk about ourselves, then that is just a matter of self disclosure.

I'm ok with that. but again we can make the difference (WE DO - with our feelings related to our experiences, that's the problem to be sure about it - so we never know for real and we all know it somehow - at least I do) ... You know I'm not scared to change my mind, just give me the argument, I won't deny something that make sense to me ... Why ? And lots of people do !

think the confusion comes in when people don't know where they are coming from, that is are you really interested in talking about yourself or the ideas? ...

OK I've got it :

Sometimes one or the other, sometimes both, (anyway they are related) I'm human ... I won't deny that ... And I really like to share with people in a way or an other ... ALL TOGETHER ! And you ?

So sorry for kind of a long post, but you can imagine getting clear about this can help in having a lucid conversation. Its just a matter of your intention.

A sorry does that mean that you are able, and others may not be able ? ... Well that's your opinion and I have to agree that sometime things gets too far ... it can happen ... that's life ... and sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts ...

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Sometimes one or the other, sometimes both, (anyway they are related) I'm human ... I won't deny that ... And I really like to share with people in a way or an other ... ALL TOGETHER ! And you ?

I'll let you decide that for yourself based on my posts. Whatever we write that is our expression, I framed it in terms of the two focus of subject and self just to draw a contrast. So yes, if I understand you right most people, most of the time do have some of both, so to speak. But let me just point out one thing: Most of us probably have had conversations where we are really involved in it, and the time just flies and you are having the best time talking about the topic, its just so fascinating. I'm sure if you think back to an experience like that it wasn't about opinion or self image, you are literally enjoying the exploration of the topic, there's interest. Thats a nice way to have a discussion isn't it? I can also put the emphasis on enjoyment, in any case its nice to know that kind of great discussion is possible, and I do think we have atleast some choice in whether or not we have it.

So sorry for kind of a long post, but you can imagine getting clear about this can help in having a lucid conversation. Its just a matter of your intention.

A sorry does that mean that you are able, and others may not be able ? ... Well that's your opinion and I have to agree that sometime things gets too far ... it can happen ... that's life ... and sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts ...

Able to do what..? I said right there the sorry is for a long post, I know a lot of people don't like to read a lot so I was apologizing for the length of my message. What are you talking about???

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Boy Hoob look at all the people that are on this thread, seems you picked a mighty fine topic this time. Congradulations!

Yes that is the question: Why is there death and suffering???

I think Dan The Man has given us the best answer so far:

So that evolution would continue to produce more and more beautiful creatures:
    Any body up for a vote Hoob christian link or Dan The Man?
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Of coarse Hoob reguardless of how they vote nobody has the answer.

Unless they are GOD!! So if God would kindly step up to the plate maybe he could shout it out on all computor screens saying: " Listen up this is GOD,,that's right Capital G capital O capital D GOD. This is why there is death and suffering,,blah,,blah,,,blahbablah." Then we just might have the answer but still maybe not maybe GOD is a big jokster and he was only fooling ha ha.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

.. and we're back.

Depending on how you approach the question you'll have explanations of different kinds. We can look at it in terms of a personal explanation or an impersonal one. A personal perspective would essentially mean 'why do I have to die and suffer' as a person, a human being, living creature, whatever. An impersonal perspective would approach it from the perspective of the phenomena of death, and the dynamic of suffering. So you have totally different contexts that may frame the same question.

But if you think about it, is there really any answer for why questions, ultimately? Its like the kid that might ask why is the sky blue? You tell him some answer, and he can turn around and go "well why is that?" Ultimately what can you say?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think we die b/c it is the natural course of things. To die of old age, seems normal, but from terrible illness, unatural. JWS always said we have wars b/c of mans inhumanity to man. And greed. Actually, those explantions sound alright to me.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Actually I think that below is pretty evidence against evolution. I mean do you really think that a catch like this :

descended from fish? like this:

"With its extraordinary limbs, the Coelacanth was believed to be the first fish to crawl from the sea and evolve into reptiles, mammals and eventually mankind. The very first discovery of this creature back in 1938 was dubbed the ?greatest scientific find of this century?, and so today it remains a very exciting catch."

Plate 1. Photograph of Coelacanth

(picture by Dr D. Stanwell-Smith)

http://www.frontier.ac.uk/Newdiscoveries.htm

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hoob,

I'd bonk the girl in the first picture and cook fish in the second one.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey Hoob

Whats her name and colacanthe got nothing to do w the subject of this thread. Can you get back on topic?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit