Why is there death and suffering?

by hooberus 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FBF,

Now you know this is going to be very complicated because french and english can get all mixed up.

But I will try but be pateint with me because there may just be some misunderstandings.

Who care everybody is able to make their own decision ... I guess I didn't have any specific effect on you ... C'MON !!! we are not that stupid we can deal with OPINIONS

I don't care about opinions that much every one is has the right to there opinions. I'm exercizing the right to my opinion and disagreeing. I think that is ok don't you?

Frankies :

At least that's what I think is the problem of these type of insincere question askers.

What do you know about that ? Please ...

Hoob, gave us a thread that asked the question about:

And then gave us a link to some christian mumbo jumbo that was supose to answer that question. That's what I mean. I don't know how to put it any clearer, I could try if you don't get it, but I'm hoping you understand so I won't

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Pat,

Wow, this is really interesting! A few years ago, I wrote a lot of poetry for a while, especially with my non-dominant hand. It was very enlightening and introspective. I intuitively called this part of me my muse and relied on the non-dominant writing for insight. There's more to it, but it's too personal to share.

Thanks for bringing this up. I guess I had my guru (I called it a muse), but hadn't read Jung.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks Frankie. Now I remember! My muse is named Audrey. How sweet of you to remind me.

Pat

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Frankies : I don't care about opinions that much every one is has the right to there opinions. I'm exercizing the right to my opinion and disagreeing. I think that is ok don't you?

Of course ! (PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) I do so myself so why wouldn't they ? I don't under estimate people (it's stupid) a kid can knock you OUT !

Frnkies :

Hoob, gave us a thread that asked the question about:

And then gave us a link to some christian mumbo jumbo that was supose to answer that question. That's what I mean. I don't know how to put it any clearer, I could try if you don't get it, but I'm hoping you understand so I won't

and so what ? it is only interesting to talking about a subject for those who does when they do ... PERIOD ... what's your brainwashing about that : your not the last one to launch "whatever treads") I don't understand your reaction guys ? ... What is it all about ... why are you here for ? How can we get to know peoples opinions and get information from them ?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

and again :

sometimes the real question is not in the question ... means that the real interest is not in what we seems to talk about ...

Fluff is good ... Questionning ourselfves is good ... Where is the problem ?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    I'm OK with that ... I'm sure you can make the difference by yourself (you did it without me telling you ... So ?)

Okay French, let me put it in context. A few days ago I made a post wherein I made the point that a lot of arguments is not about the subject under consideration, its about the people - or to use a word that doesn't sound so nice, its ego. This does not have to be a heated argument where people start calling names and such, but I think its useful to point out for the purpose of meaningful communication. In other words, are we really talking about the subject and here to explore it together, or are we here to talk about me and my point of view? I don't say that to imply sharing one's own view is bad, but I do appreciate it when people recognize that and even say it up front as many of the users on this forum often do.

The significance is if we are here to talk about the topic, we would be willing to explore different ideas to get into it deeper - which we can do without believing in them. Anyone who wants to see if a certain view on a given subject makes sense must be willing to consider if this possibility is true, and then what, and so on. On the other hand, if we are just here to talk about ourselves, then that is just a matter of self disclosure.

I think the confusion comes in when people don't know where they are coming from, that is are you really interested in talking about yourself or the ideas? If you are interested in talking about the ideas then it's not really a matter of "your" ideas in the sense that you own them or something, even if you say it first. Sometimes people don't even know this about themselves, let alone other people. Isn't this why people have heated arguments about religion, politics or anything else? People get upset because they feel they are challenged, if they really only thought an idea is being challenged then it is not a big deal. If we're really going to talk about something together, in this case a question, then we let that kind of attachment go and just dive into the topic.

So sorry for kind of a long post, but you can imagine getting clear about this can help in having a lucid conversation. Its just a matter of your intention.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FBF,

Forget it,,we just disagree

• Flash
    Flash
    Shit, if God is all knowing and all powerfull, and will correct the problem,,doesn't inspire us with confidence. Since the problem kinda tell us he isn't all knowing and all powerful. And if you piss him off he will just zap you either to hell or death, like he did at the flood or the poor jews at 70 AD.

Is it possible, do you think, that God likes to live in the moment and enjoys the spontaneity of life like we do? Why must He merely be limited to constantly controling everything? If someone slips on a Bananna peal can't He laugh or must He save him/her from falling on their butt??

And why is God often accused of being short tempered? Rarely did He just Zap someone (ie:Herod and the worms) He has not shown Himself to be arbitrary.

I don't care about opinions that much every one is has the right to there opinions. I'm exercizing the right to my opinion and disagreeing. I think that is ok don't you?
    We do agree about this.
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

So that evolution would continue to produce more and more beautiful creatures:

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So Dan is she worth dying for???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit