Why is there death and suffering?

by hooberus 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Why is there all kind of explanations for 'why is there' questions? Seems most people are into finding answers, nobody really likes to really inquire into the question deeply. Of course this implies one is not sincerely interested in the question, but having an answer gets rid of the questions that are unsettling. But if you never really considered the question in the first place, then you didn't really come up with an answer. With so many answer packages available out there, it is easy to buy one of those instead of actually working it out.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mark,

Your'e on a roll tonite,,

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

MarkFC : sometimes the real question is not in the question ... means that the real interest is not in what we seems to talk about ...

Fluff is good ... Questionning ourselfves is good ... Where is the problem ?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FBF,

The problem is that people who answer the question don't know the answer. And the people who ask the question and give the answer don't know the question but they are quick to give the answer.

At least that's what I think is the problem of these type of insincere question askers.

• patio34
    patio34

Satanus summed it up pretty well for me. It's really surprising the question would even be asked, if you think about it, because it's so natural and a part of everything we know. It's only the religious aspect that even brings up questions about it.

Actually, all religion seems to spring from fear of death. It seems to me---now at least----it's an avoidance and denial of the inevitable.

But that's not grim, imo, it's realism. It can actually make a person value their life more and use it to the most. Besides, non-existence isn't a torture. We didn't exist before we lived and it doesn't bother us.

Pensive Pat

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

French there's no problem, I'm not sure what you're saying but I'll give it a shot.

I have no issues with fluff, but a question like "why is there death and dying" doesn't fall into that category.

Questioning yourself is good, I agree. However if the question is really just a set-up for your answer, then you can just be upfront and say "here's what I think about this." Its not a matter of judging it as good or bad or problematic, its whether you really want to know - or if you just want to say what you think about it. I am just pointing out that difference.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Pat,

Is your Muse working again???

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

By the way, if we take the basic question of why is there death and suffering, that's a question of meaning. Another thread on the meaning of life got me to thinking about this, its like doing something that is intrinsically rewarding as opposed to something that has a payoff that is separate from the activity itself. The same could be said about meaning. You can find meaning in the activity itself, or you might search for something else other than what it is. The first view is straight forward if nothing else - life is life, death is death, as with anything else.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Frankies :

FBF,

The problem is that people who answer the question don't know the answer. And the people who ask the question and give the answer don't know the question but they are quick to give the answer.

Who care everybody is able to make their own decision ... I guess I didn't have any specific effect on you ... C'MON !!! we are not that stupid we can deal with OPINIONS

Frankies :

At least that's what I think is the problem of these type of insincere question askers.

What do you know about that ? Please ...

MarkFC : Questioning yourself is good, I agree. However if the question is really just a set-up for your answer, then you can just be upfront and say "here's what I think about this." Its not a matter of judging it as good or bad or problematic, its whether you really want to know - or if you just want to say what you think about it. I am just pointing out that difference.

I'm OK with that ... I'm sure you can make the difference by yourself (you did it without me telling you ... So ?)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Frankie!

Please refresh me on this:

Pat,

Is your Muse working again???

You know, at my age, the memory may forget a few things, lol. Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit