Do you believe in psychics?

by Oh Jebus, Save Me From Your Followers! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

What's more significant to me is that one does not have to be psychic to know that people believe. What you believe, what it is in regards to is not as significant as the fact that you do. It can be secular in nature, but to recognize how the mind does this is a big step.

You know, instead of asking what someone believes, the question we most ask in regards to the JW past is really quite appropriate: "So, what's your story?"

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am not sure about this one, but have seen some pretty convincing stuff. I think Sylvia Browne is the real deal. I would like to think so anyway.

We have some friends, who are ex JW's, and the wife has become very sensitive to people, and has picked up some real skills in "reading" them. We were staying at their home in Florida last year, and I walked past her in the hallway, while she was carrying some laundry. She suddenly asked me if my back hurt. As a matter of fact it was killing me, but I couldn't figure out why she asked me. She said she got a strong vibration as I walked past her. She knows I have some back trouble, but I hadn't complained at all because we were on vacation, I wanted to stay positive.

She has really gotten into crystals too so took a crystal that was on a nearby table and moved it around behind me, over and around my back. It actually felt hot even though she wasn't touching me, and after a minute or two, the pain was gone.

That was weird.

• bem
    bem

Well um.don't know about psychics,but sure believe in psychic connection, intuition,I have with my children & certain other people.

Elsewhere: now don't you be saying "psycho"like it's a bad thing.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Nope, I don't believe in it. In fact there are many examples of fraud in the 'psychic' business. I used to experience things that I interpreted as paranormal as a child, but after doing some research I found that many of those experiences were due to "night-terrors" - a fairly well understood physiological phenomenon. The others were due to an overactive imagination and the mind's tendency to modify memories (all well known in the scientific community).

So, no - I don't beieve in 'good' or 'bad' spirits. For a scientific understanding of paranormal phenomenon see the following books:

. . . yeah, what he said.

Corvin

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Well, I have had some expeiences with the Ouija Board that have convinced me that there is something there. Just what it is, I really don't know.

• new light
    new light

I view psychics the same way I view god. Prove it and I will believe. This thread reminds me of a classified ad I saw the other day :

Psychic needed

You know who to call.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Psychic needed

You know who to call.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, did you think I left one group of self-proclaimed prophets to hook up with another group?

Blondie

PS I read body language and have frightened myself and others by my "predictions."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1410702618/qid=1087733775/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-3350061-7780651

• shera
    shera

Yes I do,I also believe alot of it can be intuition.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I believe in Psycho Chicks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit