Do you believe in psychics?

by Oh Jebus, Save Me From Your Followers! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Oh Jebus, Save Me From Your Followers!
    Oh Jebus, Save Me From Your Followers!

Hi there everyone, just wanted to see if any of you believe in any psychics or paranormal activity. I know that as a jw we are taught that any ghosts are demons and any psychic activities are demonized. Would love to hear any feedback and or any pesonal experiences you have had and if you believe they are all demons, or if there is a difference between good and bad spirits. Watching and waiting ;)

Jebus

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have been to psychics and not really had anything startling revealed. I met one in my doctors office a few weeks ago and she siad she was picking up leg pain-and it was befere i had any real bad leg pain, a few days later i began to have really bad leg pain and saw a doc and well i am having back surgery soon.

I know people make fun of them-like john edwards in "crossing over" abut u know that Sylvia Browne is pretty good.

• rem
    rem

Nope, I don't believe in it. In fact there are many examples of fraud in the 'psychic' business. I used to experience things that I interpreted as paranormal as a child, but after doing some research I found that many of those experiences were due to "night-terrors" - a fairly well understood physiological phenomenon. The others were due to an overactive imagination and the mind's tendency to modify memories (all well known in the scientific community).

So, no - I don't beieve in 'good' or 'bad' spirits. For a scientific understanding of paranormal phenomenon see the following books:

Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan
    Why People Believe Weird Things, Michael Shermer
    Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terence Hines

James Randi also has a lot of good information on his website: http://www.randi.org

rem

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have never seen any convincing "psychic" phenomenon.

Everything I have ever seen was nothing but parlor tricks and extensive video editing (John Edwards).

I am more than willing to observe the actions of a "psychic", but only under controlled circumstances... and no... I will not answer any of his/her questions. The psychic will answer MY questions.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

psychics? nope. hocus pocus though, now that's a whole other game.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    psychics? nope. hocus pocus though, now that's a whole other game.

I prefer hanky panky.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    I prefer hanky panky.

I knew you were gonna say that. I guess I do believe in psychics now that I am one.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

and to think...

oh nebbermind

• nowisee
    nowisee

i owned a metaphysical bookstore. i knew loads of psychics and ran psychic fairs.

my answer to the above question is, "NO!!"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

OMG! DFWnonJW is a psycho!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit