Do you believe in psychics?

by Oh Jebus, Save Me From Your Followers! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Ugh, I've debated about posting this..... BUT, (perhaps its a rebellious thingy) I went to a psychic about 2 months ago. I guess part of me wanted to do it BECAUSE it is against the "bible", and I wanted to see what would happen.

First, I didn't have any "weird" feelings. If demons were hanging around the room, I didn't notice

I hardly spoke as she did the reading. She just told me stuff. First, I'm suppose to meet the man I will marry before the end of June (hmmm, count down). I won't meet him through dating services, but he'll come into my life in a "surprising" way. He'll have sandy hair (light in the summer, dark in the winter) and hazel/green eyes.

So far, I haven't met anyone! Funny, I look at eye-color now, and you'd be surprised how many people DO NOT have hazel/green eyes.

Second, I'm suppose to move into a townhouse in Sept. This is actually weird, because my lease is up in August, AND my landlord just recently had an appraiser come look at the place. I HATE townhouses, so I don't put much into this one....

All in all, it was only $50 bucks for 1/2 hour and it felt good to do something a little CRAZY and against "Watchtower" policy. Probably just another thing I needed to test.

BTW I'm a skeptic, but I'll let you know if I meet anyone fitting the description within the next week and a half!!!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I am personally over my fascination with the occult. I too believe it was a "thing" r/t being a jws and it being so forbidden. I have seen psychics and as i said, none have ever given me any remarkable insight. I do however, believe people can have insight and some may have a gift to "see" things others do not. I just have not actually met them yet. But if i could have that dream about my son and it actually be real, then it could happen to others too.

I am sorry for the person who had that experience with Sylvia Browne. Guess she never said she was in it for her health.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm half and half on this one........I definitely believe in good and evil spirits; I know too many reliable people who have had encounters that can't be explained any rational way other than the supernatural.

I've also had dreams that come true. It freaks me right out when that happens as I have absolutely no idea what causes it. On the other hand, I don't believe in all these "psychics"; I think 99% of them are con artists. Sylvia Brown? I saw her on CNN several months ago taking "cold calls". One woman called in about her dead father. Ms. Brown says "...I'm seeing something in his chest area." Lo and behold this woman's father died from a heart attack. The thing is, chances are that, being an elderly man, he could have died from a heart attack, a stroke, lung cancer, a blood clot........ And giving Syliva Brown the benefit of the doubt by saying she can commute with the dead, wouldn't it take more than 1.5 seconds in order to "channel" whatever vibes she was feeling? People call her on the phone, ask about dead relatives or what's going to happen to them, and she's got an answer for them practically even before they've finished asking the question!!

..I've also seen Sylvia Brown and another "psychic" (some guy with weird eyes, dark hair and mustache) on Larry King Live. The one night, the male psychic wasn't getting any "hits" right and you could tell he was getting frustrated. One of the callers fail to concur that a relative of hers was dying of some disease that this psychic "saw" so he finally said that one of her "relatives" was secretly ill and hadn't told anyone about it yet which upset this woman alot. I thought this was a real low blow on his part, and he'd do anything to save face.

And finally, if psychics really had the capability of seeing into someone else's future, how is it that not ONE of Princess Diana's psychics, astrologers or clairvoyances that she regularly sought for years, couldn't forsee the horrific car crash that would take her life??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit