Dateline--Fahrenheit 911

by patio34 180 Replies latest social current

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1
    In the course of this exchange, he stated his view that Osama Bin Laden should be considered innocent until proven guilty

Well, lets capture him and give Osama a trial. Actually, people are suing Al-Queda for civil damages...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

You never listened before, what's the change?

I'm through with this thread. Go worship at the altar of Moore.

One more issue, as Ashi pointed out in another thread, and as can be seen is Screen Daily, look who is supporting Moore's film in the middle east, the terrorist group Hezbollah...things that make ya go HMMMM!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Yeru,

Hezbolah is a peacefull organization dedicated to planting trees in War Torn areas.

• detective
    detective

Just thought I'd drop in and toss up a quote from the Boston Globe review that I thought might be useful...

For all that, "Fahrenheit 9/11" remains the summer's must-see. Not because Disney tried to censor it; please, the film studio told its Miramax subsidiary it wouldn't distribute the film well over a year ago, and the recent mini-scandal is both pure PR and exactly what Moore and the Weinstein brothers should have done to get the movie to as many people as possible.

No, "Fahrenheit" should be seen because it takes off the gloves and wades into the fray, because it synthesizes the anti-Bush argument like no other work before it, and because it forces you to decide for yourself exactly where passion starts to warp point of view.

One last thought: "Fahrenheit 9/11" is many things, but for pity's sake let's not call it a documentary. To do so abuses the word and shames the good and balanced work done by filmmakers as storied as D.A. Pennebaker and Barbara Kopple, as current as Jehane Noujaim of "Control Room," and as hard-working and unheralded as Carma Hinton of Brookline's Long Bow Group.

Moore, by contrast, is a maker of agit-entertainment, of cinematic essays whose express purpose is to convince. That's fine as long as he's respecting his audience. But when he pushes the camera into Lipscomb's weeping face and keeps it there, he's saying that he doesn't trust you to think for yourself. And that is when he becomes his enemy.

full review is here:

http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=7054

Since when is this a Michael Moore vs. George Bush issue? Michael Moore the entertainer vs. George Bush the President! (I'm quite sure Michael Moore would salivate profusely at the thought of that.) Like I somehow have to pick which one I like less! They both turn my stomach- part of their respective lack-of-charm, I guess.

My biggest concern as I read through this thread is the amount of people who seem to checking their skepticism in regards to Michael Moore's work. Bush... well, one would hope that you've got the bullsh-t meter on high. But Moore- his entire piece of enterainment is completely crafted around his agenda. Big time! We all understand this, right?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The problem is that idiots (ie liberals) view his films and think that they are some sort of fact filled documentary.

• talesin
    talesin

My, my, what a fuss!

Okay, I was joking at a comment by truthseeker1, when he said that it is too expensive to sue someone, and costs a whole 198.00 to sue someone in CA. hahaha

LABD

I agree that Moore can come off as preachy. :D

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    The problem is that idiots (ie liberals) view his films and think that they are some sort of fact filled documentary

Hate to break it to you, but not ALL liberals are idiots. Just like not ALL conservatives are a bunch of closed-minded stuffed shirts. And if you tell me one more time that EVERYTHING in Moore's movies ARENT fact, I just might start believing you. So stop that would you.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im sorry Chev, All liberals are communists freedom haters, my bad

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yeah, he's gonna donate he's millions to poor people and good causes like Ben and Jerry's!

• exjdub
    exjdub
    he's gonna donate he's millions to... good causes like Ben and Jerry's!

What's not to like about that cause? Ice cream is the best dessert ever created!

exjdub (who is trying to inject a little light hearted banter)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit