Dateline--Fahrenheit 911

by patio34 180 Replies latest social current

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Your country and government owes you a lot of answers - why aren't more people asking the questions?!?

Joenobody,

A lot of us do ask questions and we need more people, like Michael Moore, who is willing to stick his neck out to ask more questions. The problem is, as you have seen, if you have a different viewpoint from the government in the USA, you are accused of lying and are called a big, fat, idiot, traitor by those that don't like what you have to say. Free speech is what this country was founded on and I celebrate anyone who uses it.

exjdub

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    if you have a different viewpoint from the government in the USA, you are accused of lying and are called a big, fat, idiot, traitor by those that don't like what you have to say.

On the other hand if you disagree with the liberal elite you too can be called"...a big fat idiot."

LABD

• catchthis
    catchthis

OK, I've got BFC in my laptop right now. The lady mentions that you have to get a background check first at the bank, then you are good to go. MM even stumbled around on the background check application with the spelling of "caucasian." They are not only a bank, but a "licensed firearm dealer." They keep "500 firearms" in their vault. I would rather not see the 90 minute waiting period during the background check. I think the point MM was trying to make was that even a relatively safe locale such as a BANK, does not mind dealing with guns as part of their business practice.

First of all, how many banks do you know of are licensed firearm dealers? I don't know of any. It must be a Michigan thang. I liked their little tagline in the newspaper ad. It said, "Dozens more rifles and shotguns listed as well as Callaway Golf Clubs and other items. Keep your money safe while you enjoy the hunt!" And what about interest earned on your Weatherby Certificate of Deposit? The small print reads: "Weatherby firearm presented in lieu of interest on Certificate of Deposit."

People must really want the gun to give up the interest on the CD.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Don't you think that a guy that can't get and keep his facts straight doesn't deserve to be listened to?

Or is it that your HATE of President Bush was clouded your judgement?

LABD,

I repeat...what facts does he not have straight?

I don't hate Bush, although this has nothing to do with the thread about Moore and Farenheit 911, and I still have not seen any clear evidence that my judgement is clouded. I disagree vehemently with Bush's politics and I think he has created a government that tramples on personal privacy issues. I am grateful to Michael Moore for pointing it out and will sit in rapt attention as I watch Farenheit 911 this weekend.

By the way, for all of you conservatives, John McCain really caught my eye and he is moderate, unlike Bush, and I would have had to look hard at him as a candidate. But Bush? No way!

exjdub (who is an Independent and wishes the Party could come up with someone other than Ralph Nader. Jessie Ventura anyone??)

• exjdub
    exjdub
    The lady mentions that you have to get a background check first at the bank, then you are good to go. MM even stumbled around on the background check application with the spelling of "caucasian." They are not only a bank, but a "licensed firearm dealer." They keep "500 firearms" in their vault.

Thank you catch this, I appreciate the input. What now LABD? I think your judgment is clouded by blindly following GW Bush. Open your mind...allow questions to flow in. If they make sense, allow yourself to accept them as is. That's how we got out of the Borg, don't make the same mistake twice by blindly following the Bushmeister. It's OK to like him and his politics, but don't just rail against his detractors for no reason. Keep an open mind.

exjdub

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

exjdub,

The facts are there and pretty damn clear that this guy makes up stuff to fit his political slant and then passes it off as "objective." When he is called on the carpet for it, him and those who follow him like lost little puppies, scream, "Unfair", or "You're just part of the great right-wing conspiracy."

Personally, I have seen enough from people that have posted to confirm to me that Moore is a lying sack of ___, and to confirm my view that most leftist are intellectually dishonest at best, and morally bankrupt at worst.

Yes, I too can't stand what this country has become. I truly wish that we had a viable alternative to Bush/Kerry, but wishing doesn't make it so. Untill those of us, you and I, are tired of the status quo (name calling and partisan bickering), then this is what we are left with. It is the middle that gets run over by the left running freight train, and the right running freight train.

The big question is how do we do it? I don't think it is taking the entire Democrat and Republican parties and jettisoning them. Rather it is taking what is the best of both and synergizing them into one whole that, may possibly bring real change and unity to the U.S.

LABD

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Yes, I too can't stand what this country has become. I truly wish that we had a viable alternative to Bush/Kerry, but wishing doesn't make it so.
    It is the middle that gets run over by the left running freight train, and the right running freight train.

LABD,

You and I are closer in thought than you might imagine and I agree with the above. I too wish there were an alternative. I read your post on the other thread about Libertarianism and think that it is a shame that we only have a two party system and cannot exercise our desire to vote Libertarian or Independent. The two parties will probably always make sure that a third party does not become strong. What a shame.

exjdub

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Michael Moore speaks only the truth...he never lies, exagerates, or ignores contrary facts.

I'm being sarcastic.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Michael Moore President Bush and his Administration speaks only the truth...he never lies, exagerates, or ignores contrary facts.

My turn for sarcasm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't like Bush or Moore... what am I to do???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit