Dateline--Fahrenheit 911

by patio34 180 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

That's really funny. So the NRA, huge corporations (such as those Moore exposed on his show TV Nation) and Shrub can't afford to sue him for libel. hahahahaha Good one, truthseeker1.

• berten
    berten

>...by Yeru. This statement epitomises to me the reason an exchange doesn't work with this poster...

This reminds me of something said in the movie "TheTerminator":

"...It cannot be bargained with,it cannot be reasoned with..."

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Can they sue and win? Obviously not, otherwise they would do it.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think that is the point exactly. If the program was so full of lies and so inaccurate - surely they could sue and WIN.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Or maybe they know they can't win because it's the truth?

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Tal,

So the NRA, huge corporations (such as those Moore exposed on his show TV Nation) and Shrub can't afford to sue him for libel.

First, PRESIDENT BUSH, can not sue for libel since he is a public figure. A simple course in Americen civics would tell you that.

Second, the NRA? Why should they? Moore is not likely to cause any of their members to leave anytime soon.

Third, "huge corporations"? What and forego the axiom, "Any publicity is good publicity?"

I personally, think that the NRA and President Bush, don't really give a rip about Moore and his films. Since Moore's movies are generally aimed at the choir he preaches to, and not a broadbased audience.

One last thing, a movie reviewer, for the L.A. Weekly (alternative, far-left fishwrap) panned the movie as being too high handed in it's appoach. The reviewer basically said that Moore comes of as saying, "Listen to me because I am Micheal Moore."

LABD

• rem
    rem

I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this whole litigation reasoning... so the fact that NASA doesn't sue conspiracy theorists who claim that we never went to the moon means there must be something to it. (???)

Maybe there is nothing worth suing over. Having a different interpretation of the same facts isn't something you can sue over. I'm sure it's pretty difficult to sue someone for taking your words out of context with creative editing.

rem

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    In the course of this exchange, he stated his view that Osama Bin Laden should be considered innocent until proven guilty

4) The Bush administration sent far too few ground troops to Afghanistan and thus allowed far too many Taliban and al-Qaida members to escape.

I forgot that Moore is known throughout the world for his knowledge of Military tactics and logistics.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

LABD has it right. Since Bush is a public figure, he can't sue...well he can, but he won't win. Wouldn't politics be funny to watch if politicians can sue for libel. One slimy campaign ad and whoopse! the whole thing becomes a law suit.

"I didn't burn my medals, I burned my ribbons! I'm taking you to court."

"I didn't skip out on my NG drills, I'm taking you to court!"

All the campaign money would be spent on attornies, instead of mud slinging commercials...where it should be!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Sue Moore? So he can get more attention? He'll have a heart attack soon anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit