Dateline--Fahrenheit 911

by patio34 180 Replies latest social current

• exjdub
    exjdub

Richie,

I, like Pat, find the article interesting and it deserves some attention. I think that Mr. Hitchins did bring up some points that, if accurate, would cause me to call Michael Moore into question and could very well influence how I view matters. I will keep it in mind while viewing the movie and I think that it will be interesting to come back to the article after the movie so that I can ponder both sides. I appreciate the reference and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

exjdub

• Daga
    Daga

Great article, especially since Hitchens is a leftly.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Actually, the bank in the documentary "bowling for columbine" was really giving away vouchers for guns which had to be procured through a regular run of the mill gun store. Moore made it seem like you got the gun on the spot. This is a falsehood.

Say what you want about receiving a gun for opening a new account, that is certainly up for debate, but they weren't just handing out guns.

Dagnabit Random, DON'T CONFUSE PEOPLE with FACTS! It fits their hero worship of Moore to think everything he does is angelic amd straioght forward.

CHEVY,

The difference between your sarcasm and mine, It's been shown where Moore has lied and exxagerated, not so for Bush.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    It fits their hero worship of Moore to think everything he does is angelic amd straioght forward.

Yeru,

At it again huh? It amazes me how many times you use the words everyone and everything when you are on one of your crusades. You paint everyone with such a broad brush, which is not only unreasonable, but also invalidates much of what you say...I see it quite often when you post. I, for one, do not worship Michael Moore, nor do I think everything that he says is angelic or straightforward.

I think I have made it quite clear that I am weighing matters and considering valid arguments from both sides. I am grateful, however, that there is someone like Moore out there who is asking questions of our government in a public forum. A voice in the woods so to speak. That does not mean he comes without warts, but it does mean he makes people think. Do I think Michael Moore spins? Sure I do. But I don't know a politician or a public figure, that shills for a political party/agenda, who doesn't. I always use a filter whenever anyone tells me that something is fact, including Michael Moore. You however refuse to even acknowledge that Moore might have some valid points!

But you (notice I did not say everyone because not everyone has taken a position on the forum) just hate it when people ask questions, don't you? You are so defensive of Bush and USA policy that you don't allow for the possibility that Bush may not have pure motives for invading Iraq. Have you ever questioned any of Bush's decisions on this forum? If you have, I haven't seen it. In contrast, many on this thread, including myself, have said they are keeping an open mind in connection with Farenheit 911. If anyone has hero worship it is clearly you. It prevents you from questioning and closes your mind. I hope someday you take the opportunity to open your mind and not be so dogmatic.

exjdub (who just "rides on the shirt tails of the freedoms others have provided for him." [Yeru quote])

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dear ExDub,

As for my use of hyperbole, that's more than standard fair on this board. As to Moore having valid points...if he does they are lost because of the BS that goes along with it. Moore himself admits he is anti-Bush and that he's out to hurt Bush...

• patio34
    patio34

CHEVY,

The difference between your sarcasm and mine, It's been shown where Moore has lied and exxagerated, not so for Bush

by Yeru. This statement epitomises to me the reason an exchange doesn't work with this poster. That anyone could make that statement after weekly revelations about the administration reveals that we speak different languages or live in different worlds.

Mr. Yeru can continue to make untrue allegations but it's not worth rebutting them. All anyone has to do is keep up with the news. He can just go on in Yeru-world as it's a waste of time to debate such basic statements as above.

All the best,

Pat

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Spoken like a true democrat there Patio, it's not been shown that Bush lied, if he did, impeach him. It has been shown that Moore has lied...he can't be impeached, just scorned.

• Simon
    Simon

Moore can be sued. It's strange that in the most letigious country in the worls where peolpe are sued over all manner of nonsense that he hasn't been sued for any alleged untruths in his film.

Moore himself admits he is anti-Bush and that he's out to hurt Bush...

So, as you admit you are anti-Moore, by your reasoning ... we can ignore everything you say

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Just because you can sue, doesn't mean you can win. If you sue and lose, you just wasted a lot of money. Bare minimum in CA is $198.00 to file a suit.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Spoken like a true democrat there Patio

Yeru...you got it wrong again. If you could expand your mind instead of recycling partisan brainwashing rhetoric, you would know that Pat is an Independent, not a Democrat. There you are again with your brush out, painting people with your limited views and words...*sigh*.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit