Which men / lads here cry when listening to music / watching films?

by Celtic 79 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

jwbot:

I cry for every movie that has a little sad part. Hell sometimes commercials or newspaper articles make me cry.

There's a really sad commercial going around about child abuse that I can't bare to watch... it reduced me to a Wreck the first time I saw it!!!

Last night... I shed a tear for Alfie and Kat on Eastenders - I don't watch it as a rule, but walked in while they were trying to get over this business with a loan shark!! Flippin eck, powerful stuff!! The acting was pretty decent too!!!

All cried out now... my 'soul cleansed' for another day.....

• Angharad
    Angharad

I cry at everything too Hell I even cried during an episode of Cold Case the other day

I was a wreck during the films Simon mentioned and yes 'What dreams may come' is a real weepy. Another that really got to me was City of Angels.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'll admit it, I do get teary eyed watching a good movie.

The last one to really do it for me was The Green Mile. I get choked up just thinking about it.

There is not a lot of music that does it for me though.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    the 18th Variation in Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini,

omg,,, this moves me to tears everytime I hear it also.......hauntingly beautiful, to say the least.

Ang,,,, I get all choaked up watching that show too,,,,,maybe it is the narrator's voice .

I honest get teary eyed over Animal Cops on the Animal Planet channel more than anything, and those darn Halmark commercials are made just to get ya every time as well.

• Englishman
    Englishman

The Railway Children. Right at the end. Daddy's been in pokey for an alleged swindle, but the kindly old gentlmen who waves to the kids everyday gets him out.

Jenny Agutter is stood on the station platform as the steam from the engine swirls all around. Suddenly, echo music plays and a shape emerges through the steam.

Jenny shouts out "Daddy Oh my Daddy!" and, right on cue, a big tear rolls down my cheek.

What else...Mm.."Now Voyager" with Bette Davis looking tragic to the haunting music of Thchaikovsky's "Pathetique", that always gets me too.

As for Her Ladyship, I've seen her snivel during the Simpsons in sympathy for Homer...Really!

Englishman.

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

I always end up coming late to the few threads I feel I can contribute something meaningful to , but here goes anyway...

Films - none that I can think of.... but music...

Most recent - "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (various covers, esp. Jeff Buckley)

"Ae Fond Kiss" - Robert Burns, sung by Isobel Buchan on the film "The Long Day Closes" - some notes sound like someone bowing a saw...

"The Long Day Closes" - composer unknown - from the same film - male voice choir

"We Have All The Time In The World" - Louis Armstrong

"Going Home" and "An Ubhal As Airde" ("The Highest Apple") - Runrig

"All Together Now" - The Farm

If I'm in the right (or wrong) mood, I can choke right up just having them running through my head...

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

CF:

I always end up coming late to the few threads I feel I can contribute something meaningful to

I hear ya buddy!!! It always seems like everythings been said before, doesn't it!!!

Remember your Theocratic Ministry School counsel slip ???? "Repetition for Emphasis!!! " Go ahead and say it anyway - I do!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Awww ... Black Sheep, why'd you have to put the pic of Delacroix & Mr. Jingles up there?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

The one track that brings a knot to my throat is from Elvis - 'Don't cry daddy'. It was playing on the car stereo the day my mum died.

• betty boop
    betty boop

sorry not a lad..but i always cry at the end of breakfast at tiffanys cuz its such a sweet and romantic ending..and i saw 13 going on 30 i was blubbering like a seal.just reminded me how nice it was to be a lil kid...also the 9/11 film by robert deniro

as far as songs go...most billy joel will do it for me and the 1st norah jones cd tugs at the strings of my heart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit