Which men / lads here cry when listening to music / watching films?

by Celtic 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Mahler's Symphony No 9, the last movement, Adagio, brings me to tears.

The Bridges of Madison County made me cry. It was bad enough seeing Clint Eastwood cry, but Meryl Streep, omg, she broke my heart.

There is another movie, in addition to many of the others already mentioned in this thread that got my tear ducts flowing uncontrollably. A sleeper, and I can't remember the name, but it was about this young couple who met in the 70's. He was dark and handsome just out of the military and she very pretty and was a political activist. She always encouraged and supported him but made him nuts sometimes by her political views and stances. She wasn't very good at political mixers and had a way of pissing the wrong people off. They got married and he was about to embark upon a brilliant political career. She went to Brazil, I think, to try to get some political refugees out of the country, and ended up dying in a car bomb blast down there. Years later, when he is about to be elected congressman or senator or something, he begins seeing her in all kinds of places. He thinks he is going nuts or else she did not really die in Brazil . . . his friends and family become concerned that he is losing it. he is anguished and tortured so much over seeing glimpses of her everywhere.

At the end of the movie, he is unpacking in his new office in DC and she knocks at the door. OMG, that's when the kleenex box needs to come out. They end up talking all night. She tells him he will be fine. They fall asleep spooning in the floor of his office and when he awakens in the morning she is gone. He simply returns to unpacking having resolved many of issues and being able to say what he wanted to say to her.

This movie is like a cross between The Way We Were and Sixth Sense. If anyone knows which movie I am talking about please tell me the name. This movie shot me straight to the heart. After my mother died in 1990, whenever I was feeling unsure of my life, or whenever I was feeling completely lost, I would have a dream in which my mother would just show up and start talking to me. I don't remember anything she said in my dream, but it was comforting and I would awaken with renewed confidence.

[Edited to say] Found it! LOL. The movie is called, Waking the Dead.

alt

Corvin

• undercover
    undercover

Yep. Gotta go with Field of Dreams.

"Oh my God. It's my father. Look how young he is. I only say him after he was beaten down by life."

Later:

"Dad? Wanna have a catch?"

OK, gettin teary eyed just thinking about it.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'll have to add "Pay it Forward" to that list.

Saw it on the airplane coming home from a vacation in Cancun. Though I think knowing my trip was coming to an end, might have been partly responsible for emotions that day. Yeah, thats it.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    "Oh my God. It's my father. Look how young he is. I only say him after he was beaten down by life."

And that's probably why their game of catch got to me. My father was 46 when I was born, and yeah ... life had beaten him down in some respects. It had built him up again in many other ways, though.

Anyway ... enough of this topic for me.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm a big crybaby, that's for sure. My husband thinks it's funny because my whole family cries at everything.. hehehhe. The Passion of the Christ really tore me up the most.

CG

• Larry
    Larry

I get choked up every time I go to a funeral and hear gospel music played on a organ. It's the only time something ever touched my soul.

Funny how being in the BORG and you were taught that Gospel music is demonic. Well I guess anything that stirred the soul in comparison to the dry kingdom melodies was evil.

Oh, and Mamma Morta by Maria Callas on the Philadelphia soundtrack - gets me every time

LL :)

• talesin
    talesin

I'm getting teary-eyed just reading this thread.

Just wanted to say, you are the best bunch of guys!

PS. Uzzah, you're the only other person I know who cries at Amazing Grace. Me, too!

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I get choked up every time I go to a funeral and hear gospel music played on a organ. It's to only time something ever touched my soul.

Yes, Gospel music is so awsome compared to those dorky Kingdom Melodies we had to sing and listen to. Elvis' rendition of How Great Thou Art gives me chills and makes me squirt a tear sometimes. I am guilt free and sing this tune in most of my stage shows.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Me eyes have gone damp reading that lot, ruddy hec, this is no good, hmmmm, see what you all do to me eh?!!

Aye, Sinead O'Connor, Nothing Compares To You, when that tear falls, I gulp, tis bringing it on just thinking about it.

Awwwwww what a bloomin lovely bunch of characters you all are, awwwww, now I've started, wheres me hanky?

Celty smiles

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The only movies that made me cry were The Dirty Dozen and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I was especially distressed at the end of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly when Tuco (Eli Wallach) was standing atop a grave marker with a noose around his neck, just looking at his gold on the ground. Then Clint Eastwood shot the rope and severed it.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit