Report: U.S. Mistakenly fires on Wedding Party in Iraq

by dubla 88 Replies latest social current

• dolphman
    dolphman
    If it was a mistake, it was inexcusable.

Not really. Accidents happen in war. The Syrian border is a hotbed of gun smuggling and terrorist infiltration. Some Marines were killed there a few weeks ago, so there are bad guys in the region. It would make sense to an AC-130 pilot that if there are weapons being fired, it stands a very good likelyhood that they are under attack or an American force of some kind is under attack. Now, if the same AC-130 gunship was flying over a Seattle Mariners game and saw the fireworks display as an attack, and opened fire on Safeco field, killing fans in the ballpark, that would constitute what you call an "inexcusable" mistake. Oh, and shit happens.

If it was a gathering of hostiles, then it was still a mistake. Go kill the hostiles, not the children.

Uhmmm...I'm not sure how to answer this one. If there are a bunch of bad guys who are also really bad fathers and bring their kids around dangerous situations, then isn't the bad fathers to blame?

• heathen
    heathen

Inflated numbers or not if they killed civilians the crime still stands as unjustified even by their own interpretation of law . The Iraqis do not want the americans there no matter who takes office in Iraq . It's not like there is a faction there that supports the US presence. Those people only care about one thing and that is having the power that saddam once weilded over the nation and it's resources . They would each gladly watch the other moslem factions die or murder them to maintain that power .IMO.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'll stick with inexcusable, since "we're in a war" just doesn't cut it.

Uhmmm...I'm not sure how to answer this one. If there are a bunch of bad guys who are also really bad fathers and bring their kids around dangerous situations, then isn't the bad fathers to blame?

No Dolphman, if it is as it appears (and I'll allow that there may be more to it), the people who gave the order to fire on a group full of civilians is to blame. Even if you agree with the war (and I certainly don't) surely you are intelligent enough to know that the goal of war is not to "see how many a'them ferners we kin kill".

• talesin
    talesin

Heathen

Just had to say, Jon Stewart rocks! I saw that one, too.

I'm not going to voice any opinions, but here is a fact for you all to consider whilst arguing debating.

At weddings, it is traditional for Arab tribesmen to fire their rifles into the air.

talesin

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I think my attitude shows that I care far more about my country than a shitty, race to the bottom attitude like yours. If you don't want to hold America to the ideals our country was founded on, get the hell out of our country.

You mean the "I dont want to pay taxes so im going to revolt against the British!" ideals? I take it you dont pay taxes?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, nice segue.

Look, cows!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist, See, we can agree, I don't support the killing of innocent people either, nor does the US military. Frency, babycakes,

At least the conspiracy theorie does not denie the facts Yeru !

You're correct, it doesn't deny them, it ignores them.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeru : Frency, babycakes,

... YERU I can read Stacy in you ... you really match together ...

At least the conspiracy theorie does not denie the facts Yeru !

Yeru : You're correct, it doesn't deny them, it ignores them
    . Yeah ... well sorry I don't know the feeling ...
  • Xena
    Xena

I think there is probably more to this story than meets the eye, just in the case of Nick Berg and the Iraq prision abuse cases.....unfortunately the information we get is 2nd hand and filtered thru several biased sources...who knows if we will ever know the real truth on any of this.

"War is Hell"

William Sherman

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I'll stick with inexcusable, since "we're in a war" just doesn't cut it.

Six,

That's because US military action just doesn't seem to ever be acceptable to you. Rather than condemn the US for what MIGHT have happened, we just don't know the facts yet, why not condemn the militants for hiding amongst civilians, which may be the case here, but which we know for a FACT happens. Blame them for dead civilians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit