Report: U.S. Mistakenly fires on Wedding Party in Iraq

by dubla 88 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla

U.S. Reportedly Kills 40 Iraqis at Party

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040519/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_attack_4

very sad if this turns out to be an accurate report. im confused by this:

Al-Ani said people at the wedding fired weapons in the air, and that American troops came to investigate and left. However, al-Ani said, helicopters attacked the area at about 3 a.m. Two houses were destroyed, he said.

why would the area be attacked after soldiers had already checked it and left? obviously some of it is speculation at this point, but thats a very curious account by "al-ani".

aa

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thuck Fat!!

• heathen
    heathen

If I'm not mistaken that was an old story , maybe 6 months . I don't think the US apologized for the murder that took place . I sure hope they weren't stupid enough to do it a second time .

• dubla
    dubla

heathen-

its on today's yahoo front page, and the report says that the attack happened "early wednesday morning"......that is today. another report:

Witnesses say Iraqi wedding attacked near Syria

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 Posted: 2:25 PM EDT (1825 GMT)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/19/iraq.main/index.html

aa

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oooooooooops!!! Accidents happen!!!

DY

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Oooooooooops!!! Accidents happen!!!

hey ho! nil desperandum.

• frenchbabyface
  • heathen
    heathen

well , deja vous . Hi frenchbabyface . Where have you been hiding ?, mon ami .

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hard to tell who to believe in a case like this. Were I to guess I'd say there is truth in both reports, that there was a wedding party where people were killed, and there was a "safe house" being used where people were killed...and that they were close to each other. SAT COM radios aren't something the average Iraqi will have.

• Simon
    Simon

It's a new story but very similar to one that happened before where they initially claimed to have shot a few people 'by accident' or hit them with a 'stray bomb' and it turned out to be a 2 and a half hour assault with an AC-130 gunship and helicopters that left 48 dead and 117 wounded

This one was also an AC-130 gunship and reports indicate that there are 40 - 50 dead, many women and children.

So sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit